how to word it.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

After 2 years of depression i've finally decided to see a doctor now that i have the urge to self harm. But i just dont know what to say or how to say it, i'm not very good at talking, especially about myself. Also the mood i am in will play a big part, sometimes i feel i can talk and be open, then the next day i'd rather just curl up in the corner and be alone. If the feeling is the latter come my appointment i think i might end up cancelling like i did once in the past, if i go not really wanting to be open i dont know how i'm going to say anything. It was monday when i rang to book an appointment because i really wanted to go, but they had nothing for that week, had/have to wait 11 days, with the exception of wednsday and friday night i was alright for that week after i'd booked, its like there's only certain times i want the help and its just not there when i need it. Anyway, back to the start i dont know what to say, what to do...

2. mad hatter

mad hatter Active Member

i have the same problem
    when you see your councilor you should tell them of this and then rather than getting you to talk in length about your feelings they can ask you lots of questions to which you can answer as much or as little as you like
    they are there to help you and to accomodate to your feelings

alternatively you could keep a diary and show this to your councilor

dont give up there is help out there!

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I've heard about writing things down, i think that would work but i'd feel stupid sitting their while they read it

4. mad hatter

mad hatter Active Member

the councilor isnt there to judge you, quite the opposite actually!
    once you've found someone who you trust and you beleve wants to help you things will fall into place
    at least you've taken the first step and decided you need some help
    dont give up!
    pm me if you feel the need x

5. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

ahhhhh 24 hours to go, panic panic panic

6. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Maybe akward while they read it. But, I say you do write a note. I speak from expirence, that you freeze up and lie to them, which isn't a good idea. Well, at least I did. So, to be safe, I'd say, write a note. Even if you don't give it to them, maybe even to just remind you of things you wanted to talk about?

7. mb75

mb75 Well-Known Member

Write it all and let her/him read it..... that's what I did..... that way if you get nervous or freeze you also won't forget about things you may want to talk about ...... go for it.
    let us know how it went.
    Good luck :hug:

8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I sometimes have trouble talking to my therapist and I agree with above postings, write shit out. I took up writing for myself when I first felt suicidal.

9. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

thanks for the advice, but i'm opting for not talking about depression and just going for my Physical fears instead. Ahhhh! 1 hour to go!

10. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Back. I did say i was depressed and coughed some stuff up but i'm not low enough to want help, she passed the physical problems off as nothing which doesnt really answer the problem so now i want to die

11. Blackness

Blackness Guest

it'll be hard hun.
    It took me 5 yrs! woohoo for me

Serioulsy write the shit down, it's the only way, then they ask you questions and stuff.
    Dont say ur suicidal it makes em go crazy!
    I regret it!

12. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I'm never going back ever again, i'd rather curl up and die, they dont seem to want to help me fight so i will just have to go it alone, if things get worse i'll end my life, simple as, as long as can die saying i tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.