How was your weekend??

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredirritated, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone else hate it when their coworkers ask them how their weekend was?? I don't know why but it annoys me like nothing else. I mean, it's ok to ask every once in awhile(like once a year), but every single week, every single time. what the hell am i supposed to say?? "umm, yeah i basically watched dvds all weekend, ate a bunch of icecream and cried all over myself". How do i stop these people from asking?? I hate having to think of things to tell them. I'm never doing anything worth mentioning and when I am doing something it's usually too unconventional to say and something I care not to share. i usually just say it was good and leave it at that, but for some reason i still get asked. What's so exciting about "good" that they keep asking? I never even told one good tale about something I did over the weekend that would elicit another question about my weekend. How do I stop this maddening question??? Oh and another question that drives me up the wall; "What's new?" Hell if i know! There's one guy I work with that asks me this everytime I see him which is almost everyday. What's new??? "umm yeah my underwear is new, just bought it over the weekend." Jesus christ, I don't know what's new. Nothing worth mentioning that's for damn sure. How the hell do I stop this maddness???
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:laugh: I don' t know but my gf has this problem and so did I when I used to be around people. I don't know what I said but the expression on my face was enough to stop asking me anything else.

I don't know what I said but it'd be improvised. Because usually a lot of the time I'd be sleeping or doing things that aren't considered what you should do ie, going out with your friends "and having a gr8 time" because I didn't have any friends.

Just say it was good, and if they keep nagging you, say that you spent a lot of time in bed. That would shut them up. It'll give off the impression that you have a very treasured, mysterious private life that is not theirs to know or comment on. :cool:
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

They're just trying to be polite and have a conversation. Just say something generic like, "It was pretty uneventful" or "I had a little too much fun" or even "You don't wanna know", followed immediately by "What about yours?". That will give them an answer and give them a chance to talk about themselves a little bit, taking the focus off of yourself.

Hey, you might even make some aquaintances or even friends out of a little small talk.
  4. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

I understand that it annoys or frustrates you, but just for a minute try to think of it from their point of view. Do you think they're doing it too annoy you? I think they're just trying to be friendly and create convosation, because I mean.. I dont mean YOU, just someone in general.. if they never talked to you you'd probably be here saying "no one ever even says hello to me.." even if you have nothing to talk about, it's just the nice thing to do. I don't like answering questions about myself like when people ask what's wrong, so I just ask them and they talk about themself instead.
  5. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

I can already say that my weekend is going to be like shit.

I have to work third shift and then go back to early mornings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.