how we see ourselves !!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by andyc68, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

have been thinking about this for some time now, theres a re occurring theme with most posts now and that how a large percentage of you see yourselves.
    i keep reading that you see yourselves as fat,ugly,worthless,useless,a waste of space or time etc etc etc, the list goes on.
    but the one thing i have seen in my time here is that i don't see that at all, as a person all i see are caring, loving, strong, brave, affectionate and just plain great people.

we all have friends wether they are in the real world or the virtual world so as an idea i had i was thinking that if you believe you are any of the above etc etc maybe you can ask someone you know how they see you or what kind of person they think you are, and then write that down and stick it somewhere so when you do feel hard against yourselves you can see someone elses opinion of you.

you will be suprised at how others see you and maybe this can help to a certain degree of how you get by in your day.

just a reminder that even if you think badly of yourself there is someone who believes otherwise.

just an idea

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Andy,

I think your suggestion is a wonderful idea. It shows what a caring and thinking person you are! :smile:

A.

3. Andy...

You RAWK!!!

:biggrin:

4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It's always the people who have it the worse that care the most. It will always be the people who know what suffering truly is that try the hardest to be the kindest.

There will always be someone who wont have the same opinion as you. But if you don't accept yourself, even when someone else accepts you and says nice things you will never believe them or feel that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.