how would we greet aliens?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by poisonedresistance, Oct 18, 2011.

what would our global leaders do if we have first contact with an Alien race?

1. shoot at them

6 vote(s)
  2. capture them to advance our own technological capabilities

8 vote(s)
  3. accept them as equals

1 vote(s)
  4. greet them as teachers

3 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

so its all in the poll,, what do you think,,,, kinda links to the thread here about the brink of extinction.
    what do you think the global leaders would do if we were really visited by aliens.. all those who believe they landed in area 51 still have to think what we did with them!!

please post what you think we SHOULD do aswell, regardless of what our blind political leaders WOULD do
  2. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

it depends if it's one ship with one or two aliens, probably capture them, if it's a fleet of ships with several hundred thousand aliens i hope we would greet tham as teachers or at least equals, they are clearly superior to us so the best thing to to would be to yield to them, however we know what humans are like, we bow down to no one.
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Its not all in the poll, i wanted to place a peace vest on them and blow them up while eating the remains as the daily mail reveals it gives you sexual vitality
  4. poisonedresistance

lol, i can think of tonnes but figure these are our main 4 options,,, i dunno, i think the few are very few, sparse infact.
    I just want to reach out and find out there is a spark left in humanity thats all.

Who would really admit to being less? we are an arrogant blind race,, thats the problem.
  5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

David cameron took the last spark of humanity i had left, now all thats left to look forward to is debt and death.
  6. BrinkOfExistence

It depends if they came here with the intent to remove or enslave us i'd fight back, but if they came and tried to, not as much as control us but guide us, then yes i would happily accept them as my superiors, we could learn so much from them and they might even give me a tour through space :D but like you said the human race as a whole is very arrogant.
  7. poisonedresistance

well the debt will be wiped out with the death so why not take out some more loans!- if the death is not immanent then you can always get a iva and get the debt wiped out anyway!

David Cameron is no different to all the rest, its all ok while their pockets are being lined.

I dunno, there are some bright sparks out there,, some shine more than others.

and yet most people i talk to think im on drugs!
  8. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I voted that I think our political leaders would capture them and try to advance our own technological capabilities.

However, I'm having trouble deciding what we should do if, theoretically, it ever happened. I just can't make up my mind. When and if I do, I'll post my opinion but as of now, I have no opinion on what we should do.
  9. BrinkOfExistence

I actually voted what we should do rather than what we would, oops.
  10. poisonedresistance

as long as it looks like we have a hope :D

I wonder how many people dont even think Aliens exist?

Am i a sad trekki or a realist!! should be the poll.

in the infinate expanse of the universe i believe it would be arrogant to think we were the only intelligent'' life,,,,,,,,,,, so to speak:duck:
  11. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I like to think there's a spark of hope. I hope that if aliens arrived before we humans are as technically competent as they, we would greet them as teachers. And with luck, they'd be friendly, not hostile. :)

I hope that our world leaders would be sensible.
  12. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Of course there are aliens! According to the Mormons, god lives on a star named Kolob!
  13. BrinkOfExistence

Must get quite toasty living there.
  14. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Greet them as teachers.
  15. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

What makes you think they ARENT ALREADY HERE!!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

On a more serious note, as we well know humans fear what they cannot understand, and we will most likely attack them. At least it will be on youtube.
  16. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

17. poisonedresistance

lol and heres me thinking KOLOB is an anagram of BOLOK!

good points though, there have been aliens mentioed throughout history.

the chance that aliens exist is far greater (taking the vastness of space and our limited comprehansion of it) than the chances that they dont.

But whose to say they havent gone the same way and just want to come and rape whats left of our planet.:lone:
  18. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

hmmm you should watch a series called Ancient aliens, I dont know how accurate or scientific it is, but at least it was interesting.

here are some of my own thoughts regarding the ET situation:

1. aliens have been visiting us for years, are involved with the worlds governments, and exchange advanced technology for human subjects. We havent seen them because of the conspiracy.

2. we are the only intelligent life in the universe, the odds of our evolving have never been reproduced, and we will die alone (my favourite theory)

3.All of the other sentient races in the universe have either killed each other in some super pan universal war, or have been wiped out by one particularly genocidal species, who are now on their way to earth to reduce us to space dust (if only)

4. Aliens created us, we are being experimented on by them and we are unaware of this

5. aliens have already visited, realised humanity is shit, and left

19. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I'd like to say greet them as teachers but we would most probably shoot at them considering air space laws so I'll go with that.
  20. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

as above^^

surely though the aliens would make contact with the government first or air traffic control to identify themselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.