Ideas & Opinions How would you celebrate your birthday alone???

PrincessPure

It's less than a week left to mine. My family aren't the biggest party-droppers (is that a word? lol) and my friends mostly live in other cities so I am alone again, what's new.
I wanna be the happiest at least for a day. Because of the alarming situation, all businesses are closed. Shops, cafes, all the places I love to be at. And that's how I cheered myself up last year. This year however.... </3

How would you celebrate your own?

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
I am married but in my city we are not allowed to gather with anyone outside our household. For my birthday I got a new book for my e-reader (a cozy paranormal mystery), and did some fiction reading. Ordered takeout of my favorite food and then watched a favorite show on Netflix. Chatted with friends on the phone. Also I had ordered myself a few small things online so those were delivered. Kinda boring but it was okay.

Happy birthday! *bday

PrincessPure

I am married but in my city we are not allowed to gather with anyone outside our household. For my birthday I got a new book for my e-reader (a cozy paranormal mystery), and did some fiction reading. Ordered takeout of my favorite food and then watched a favorite show on Netflix. Chatted with friends on the phone. Also I had ordered myself a few small things online so those were delivered. Kinda boring but it was okay.

Happy birthday! *bday
In the situation we are in, I would actually call that quite an interesting birthday actually.
Thank you<3

mine was lousy this year, I had no messages during the day, the 2 most important ones didn't come until the end of the day so I spent most the day crying thinking they weren't going to message me or had forgotten. No friends to talk to. Went for a walk, watched youtube, had my cake, that was it. Spent the day being miserable. I got a nice perfume for my birthday from my mother so that was a nice surprise. But yeah, lonely and boring and miserable.

So I'm not sure what to suggest :( maybe video calls with people? do some of your favourite things that you can do that don't involve cafes and shops. Get your favourite food, decorate, Etsy sell really cute birthday stuff online.

I hope you manage to enjoy your birthday somehow *bday

FlamingoWrangler

🦩🦩🦩🦩
There is a bakery I love. I ordered my self a small cake. I had food i love ( buy or make). Do a project. Craft, art, even putting up a new shelf to organize is satisfying. that would be a nice treat for me. Let me know what you decide. πŸŽ‰

PrincessPure

mine was lousy this year, I had no messages during the day, the 2 most important ones didn't come until the end of the day so I spent most the day crying thinking they weren't going to message me or had forgotten. No friends to talk to. Went for a walk, watched youtube, had my cake, that was it. Spent the day being miserable. I got a nice perfume for my birthday from my mother so that was a nice surprise. But yeah, lonely and boring and miserable.

So I'm not sure what to suggest :( maybe video calls with people? do some of your favourite things that you can do that don't involve cafes and shops. Get your favourite food, decorate, Etsy sell really cute birthday stuff online.

I hope you manage to enjoy your birthday somehow *bday
I am sorry you went through that on your birthday </3 It happened to me at some time, I spent a whole day waiting for someone special to message me and in the end they didn't bother. That day I learnt it's all cheering yourself up. Friends are a blessing, but even if they aren't around, who cares? Imagine it's any other day and try to have as much fun as you could to make it special. Though it's quite hard with all the restrictions this year and probably next year....

I am sorry you went through that on your birthday </3 It happened to me at some time, I spent a whole day waiting for someone special to message me and in the end they didn't bother. That day I learnt it's all cheering yourself up. Friends are a blessing, but even if they aren't around, who cares? Imagine it's any other day and try to have as much fun as you could to make it special. Though it's quite hard with all the restrictions this year and probably next year....
that's horrible :(
ironically the special person I was waiting for that didn't message til the end of the day said they hoped I was able to enjoy my birthday and I was kinda thinking..... uh..... how do you think I was able to enjoy it when it looked like you weren't going to bother with me?! idk if people just dont think or what *facepalm but of course I was grateful it was late than never.

Yeah, normally i would go out for food on my birthday too. I hope future birthdays can make up for it β™₯

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
My birthday is shortly down the road this month and I doubt I will celebrate or even see anybody because of the lock downs, but with the exception of only two people in my family that are still young children everybody I know or may see is middle aged or older so birthdays are just another day for me.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Are take outs or deliveries allowed where you live? If so munch on your fave take out meal.

I also think you could host your own virtual party on zoom and have a good laugh with your friends, or play trivia or stream a movie together :)

Sorry you have to spend your birthday alone but just try your best to be optimistic and make the most of it and know next years will be so much better *hug

I hope you manage to find a way to enjoy your special day :)

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Hey, PrincessPure. I have the same issue year after year, every year since my divorce in 2008. It's hard to deal with, I know. Some years more than others. I try to treat myself by shopping for things I want online, making sure they arrive before my birthday, but not opening them until my birthday. I also treat myself to something like pizza, and I eat as much as I can. Watch my favorite movies, maybe a Star Wars marathon, things like that. Hope you find something that will help make your birthday special.

*bday Big Birthday Hug!

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's less than a week left to mine. My family aren't the biggest party-droppers (is that a word? lol) and my friends mostly live in other cities so I am alone again, what's new.
I wanna be the happiest at least for a day. Because of the alarming situation, all businesses are closed. Shops, cafes, all the places I love to be at. And that's how I cheered myself up last year. This year however.... </3

How would you celebrate your own?
I'd buy myself balloons, decorate my room, order myself a gift.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
For outdoor, I would go anywhere for a bit of air, like a park or ideally, a beach.
For indoor, I would go buy myself something nice. At the moment, I'm thinking of some essential oils and a diffuser. They are quite expensive for me, though. Either those or a pair of gloves.
At home, my alone birthday would end with a movie night after dinner.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$175.00
Goal
$255.00