How would you deal?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cortana, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortana

Cortana New Member

I just found out earlier this week that I have an autoimmune disease. I have been in and out of the hospital for the last two months, and they just know found the autoimmune disease. I was clinically dead for three minutes, and am on three different pain medications. I also have to go in for surgery in March to have a cyst removed, which is going to be hard for them to do with the autoimmune disease in the way.

Even with all this, it got worse. My boyfriend broke up with me last night, so he would be free to date one of my best friends. He didn't even give me a real reason why he didn't want to be with me, just that he wanted to be with her. He also told me, that he couldn't handle all the drama, from hospital visits and rumors.

I am here with no family. One good friend, who is 200 miles away, since my other friend is now dating my ex. How would you keep going? Keep fighting?
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Cortana and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it. Are you getting any councelling to help you deal with all this? I don't know much about auto immune diseases so all I can do is send my sympathy. There is bound to be someone here who will know more about these things. Hope you get the help you are looking for.Wishing you all the best.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Cortana,

Welcome to SF, I am glad you found us.

I'm sorry to hear about your illness. It must be very hard on you.
    As for your boyfriend breaking up with you..You deserve better than him. You are worth more. There are plenty more fish in the sea. Have you considered getting counseling to help you cope? If not, I think you should definitely see a doctor about your depression. Don't give up hun..things can get better. i wish you the best of luck. Take care hun..If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :hug:

Thinking of you,
  4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

hi I am also dealing with physical crap, I also pretty much have no family or friends so it is that much harder, it sucks though because I joined this forum about 16 days before my real life changing problem happened and it made me wish I can go back to when I really just had mental problems and wish I could appreciate life more
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Cortana,
    :poke::welcome:to the forum!!! I am so sorry to read about what you are going thru!! You need to concentate on your health right now. Once you are better then you can worry about the other stuff. Well maybe not worry but take affirmative action(that is better) towards your ex and let him know how much of an ass he is.
    Daisychain is right there are alot more of us fish out here. You will get over him. So the sooner you start then the sooner you will meet Mr. Right!!! Every relationship I have been in they always left and never gave me a reason. I don't think they know they just get past the lust part and decide they need more excitement so they find someone new. Thats the way I see it. It helps me to stay sain. I'm to old to worry about it anymore, I am perfectly happy being alone.
    Have you surgery and healing time and then get back in the game of life. Like I said your health is the most important thing right now!! If you need to talk I am usually around some where all different hours a day and night. Take Care!!!~Joseph~
  6. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes hun, keep fighting. Fight for your life and at the prospection of a future life awaiting you. As to the surgery, even with an autoimmune at low, it is not as bad as you may think. I feel a lot of fear in you, I'd discuss it in lenght with the surgeon at priory.

All the worse lies and omissions NOT to take responsability for leaving you??? Tell him that he could have come up with a better tale than putting the blame on you when he is the one dating your best friend and leaving you. Immature and childish people just got to me. Both men and women.

Stop thinking of him and focus on getting back your health as without it, life pretty much stinks. May i ask what kind exactly of immune system disease you got? Might be able to reassure you myself. Let me know here or pm me.

Keep us posted on the outcome after talking to your surgeon dear. He will tell you all about it and reassure you enough to be calmer about it all.

best of luck
    be well and stay safe
  7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome. i am going thro something smiliar.. i have ME and am on codeine and morphine plus i am pregnant.. long story but its all really shit. i am not sure how to cope.. you just do and learn to adjust. its hard. you can add me on msn if you want to chat to someone who understands some.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.