How you dream? What are you dreaming? Tell me some your interesting dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to do this tread well, but Im kinda drunk atm and too tired, dotn have time to make it ok, but still you can hit me fast, just for tomorrow inspiration when Ill to it descently :)
Fast! How you dream? What are you dreaming? Tell me some your interesting dream. Im dying to see how and what people dream!

crumbum

SF Supporter
My dreams are neither bad or good dreams but always.. softly ambivalent, confusing and stressful. I have a recurring dream almost every night since I can remember.. I'm lost or late in a city that is no city but aspects of every city I've lived in or visited. I'm usually trying to find my way to another part of the city to meet with people that are now only memories to me. Sometimes I'm with those people and we're trying to catch a train or a bus or a subway car or a plane.. we're always late and I always lose them somehow and have to backtrack and find them and it's always exhausting and stressful and confusing.. I wake up and I feel more tired than when I've fallen asleep. There is as little peace in my dreams than in my waking life. I never get anywhere.. I'm always going somewhere. I never really connect with people but I'm finding or chasing or going to them. There's no rest in my dreams.. ever. Tonight I did not sleep at all.. it's for the best.. just like the rest.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Lately I've had a few odd recurring themes in my dreams. These don't happen all the time, but it is a lot of the time.
One of them is that I find money. I get excited but also confused because inevitably some of it is in a denomination that isn't actually made (e.g. a $9 bill.) I always pick it up nonetheless, as it never looks obviously counterfeit.
The second is that I find out I still have one of my old pets (a rat and a gerbil, both of which died years ago) that I somehow didn't know was still alive, so I realize I've been severely neglecting the pet for years.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I have several recurring themes too.

1. I'm in a dangerous situation either by myself or with the husband that we need to escape, fight, stab, or shoot our way out of.

2. I'm either arguing with or hurting certain people in my family. In the one dream, I think I tied one of them inside the house and blew it up. Then I was being chased by cops and a day later or so they end up letting me go when they catch me.

3. I'm trying to get away from something preternatural/supernatural.

4. I'm back in school and dealing with the people I used to hate, which sometimes ends in me laying someone out

5. For some reason I dream about tornadoes a significant amount, trying to get away from one.

6. These haven't been prevalent lately but I've had sleep paralysis dreams or "waking dreams", where I can see everything around me but can't move or wake up, even though I desperately try to.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
6. These haven't been prevalent lately but I've had sleep paralysis dreams or "waking dreams", where I can see everything around me but can't move or wake up, even though I desperately try to.
Oh god, those are awful. I had one of those once and it was just about the most frightened I’ve ever been.

If you don’t mind me asking, after the first one did you start to recognize them for what they are while they were happening? Like I said, I’ve only ever had the one, but not knowing what was happening was the worst part and I’ve wondered about that.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Not that I can recall. Everything seems so real because you're in the same room you fell asleep in, with all the same surroundings. You literally can't distinguish between what's real and what isn't most of the time. That's what makes it so frightening. And usually there's some otherworldly presence there with you in the dream, which makes it all the more terrifying.

I've also had ones where I keep thinking I woke up, but then the dream starts all over again. These ones aren't sleep paralysis dreams, but also pretty damn freaky. When you finally do wake up, the same dream has reoccurred at least three times, so you're waking up panicking because it hasn't sunk in yet that you actually woke up for the first several seconds.

MarkahMalady

If I'm mad at my husband I'll have dreams that he does stupid stuff like spend our last $100 on candy or subscribe to a nudie magazine. This morning my cat woke me up right when I was dreaming about a gorgeous bagel :/ what a jerk.
When I take sleeping pills I have more dreams than when I don't. My activity tracker would suggest that that's based on more "deep sleep" which I get very little of when not medicated.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
If I'm mad at my husband I'll have dreams that he does stupid stuff like spend our last $100 on candy or subscribe to a nudie magazine. This morning my cat woke me up right when I was dreaming about a gorgeous bagel :/ what a jerk.
When I take sleeping pills I have more dreams than when I don't. My activity tracker would suggest that that's based on more "deep sleep" which I get very little of when not medicated.
Maybe your husband can meet mine and they can do dumb shit together. Stupidity loves company.

Lilyfrog

Oh wow my dreams go from scary to wacky
I have one where I end my life

And another one where I am walking round our local town with a mattress on my back and I have to fight people off from taking it from me.

These are 2 of the regular ones I have

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
The dreams I remember tend to be quite scary. They're usually about someone I love being in danger and I have to save them. Last night I dreamt that I was on top of a mountain with my dog and he got bitten by a blue viper (don't actually know if blue vipers exist) and I had climb down the mountain with him and get him to a vet for the antidote before it was too late. I'm not sure if we made it in time as I woke up.

crumbum

SF Supporter
I dreamt last night that I was in some sort of large apartment complex. I felt like it was a dorm or something.. I felt like I was suffocating and I had no privacy. I remember going out to the parking lot where there were no cars for some reason and just walking further and further towards the edge away from the lights away from that suffocation.. I looked back and in every window there were figures staring silently out watching me.. I tried to find the darkness to hide from their stares but there was too much ambient light from the parking lot lights.. then there was a fence.. and I could not get any further.

JulieDegraw

I remember one time, lying down on my bed for a nap. I was so tired i don't remember falling asleep so there was no transition from being tired to falling asleep. This, is what happened.

I lay down on my bed for a catnap. I couldn't sleep so i got up and walked to my living room. My cats were there, chilling out. I was looking around, trying to decide what to occupy myself with, when all of a sudden the lighting turned into this greyish ominous color. The room started to spin, i spun too and every where i looked, my cats would be there, stairing at me, hissing at me. The windows had blown open and let in a chilling cold wind that made the curtains waft violently back and forth AND THERE!! In the adjacent room, was something else stairing back at me. Something not human, growling, charging. I ran as fast as i could back to my bedroom and hid under the covers. The creature was trying to tear its way through the covers with its deadly long claws. It was with such brute force that i woke up to the sound of my own scream. I was still hidden under my covers. With shaky hands and a beating heart, i peaked out into the room. I knew now it was just a dream but i will NEVER forget that eerie feeling.

Flying Fox

Upside-down Hugger
SF Supporter
One of my reoccuring dreams is where I run way or somehow I end up staying out late or overnight, long enough for my family to really worry. I have it quite a lot; interestingly enough they only started a few years ago. Might have something to do with my first attempt. Backstory is the day/night of the first suicide attempt (and the anniversary of becoming paraplegic) I took my bike and rode to school but did not actually attend. There is a park near us which I spent the day and (very cold winter and drizzling night) at, and by morning was very frazzled and hypothermic - definitely not thinking clearly. I both wanted and didn't want to go home, but I was frightened of what would meet me if I went and of everyone's reactions, and I believe this is where those dreams come from.

Flying Fox

Upside-down Hugger
SF Supporter
Similar to the Time Machine in that one portion of the human race were driven deep underground (not by the moon but by the World Wars) and were then separated from the top. They had no way of gaining information of what was happening and lost contact with the rest of the world. Fast forward 90 years.

The dream world's surface and below-ground is divided into "floors" much like a building. In today's (dream) world, there is less negativity, nothing really bad happening like there is today's (real world). There were a couple of young people who were exploring the very old and abandoned transportation system (a little bit like the London Underground in that way regarding the WWs) on the bottom floor when they discovered a small hole/floor pile missing. Upon venturing downwards they discovered that there were yet another two or three or so floors with rooms and corridors, presumably carved out from even more transport systems. Imagine discovering a population surviving from the World War eras (or about 80/90 years ago) complete with their technology and style of building/living - it was exactly that, though these people either hadn't aged or their culture and mindset remained in statis. They wore military uniforms or grey simplistic clothing or something similar, nothing bright. Everything was utilitarian, and when they learned about the status of the surface they were concerned about the increasing frivalty and lack of concern demonstrated by the surface dwellers.
Eg. The surface horses are exactly the same as the horses of today, whereas the basement horses still retained their use as drafts, complete with thicker legs and stockier bodies.
If it were a book I would find it an interesting read and commentary about society.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Mine have lately resembled Studio Ghibli movies in how they look. Except I always end up organizing a bunch of things. It's quite weird to sit through, just categorizing a series of objects.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I dreamt last night that my wife was alive, that she’d been off doing something or other for the last year and a half and my thinking she was dead was all a big misunderstanding. We were together again, and everything was back to the way it’s supposed to be. She held me and told me how much she’d missed me, and my only worry was having to explain how I could have been so mistaken about something so important. And then I woke up, and it was like finding her dead all over again.

I always go to bed hoping for dreams like that. It’s the only way I have of ever seeing her again (well almost the only way). But damn, does it ever hurt when it ends.

shania

I have a recurring dream that I'm running from something or someone and trying to get away. I'm never killed in my dreams; I always wake up before that happens - sometimes with my heart pounding.

I hate the dreams where my teeth are falling out or crumbling in my mouth. It's always a relief to wake up and realize they're all still there!

Sometimes I dream about this forum. I can't remember anything specific, but I know I have more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00