Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

how do i move on, continue, keep going? when the smallest of things sends me into overdrive? this has to stop. somehow. im bloody tired and fed up of this bs.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

try not to let minor things bother you so much, sit back, breathe slowly and erase from your mind (easier said than done, but I do it all the time) we're here for you :hug:
  3. Cecilie

Cecilie Member

can I ask you... Move on from what?
  4. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly what's going on; so, I apologize if my response isn't helpful. I've definitely been "easy to set off" in the past, and really still am today. If I hit my breaking point, if I get irritated, or if things don't go how I think they will or should I can easily get very angry or depressed and sometimes both. I have two different methods of dealing with it today. Neither are perfect but they do help me handle daily life much better.

One thing I do is I try to "transcend" my problems. I try to go into situations mentally prepared for something to go wrong or for someone to say something to bother me. This has also required me to try and intentionally alter my personality some, at least on the surface. I just have to become a stone wall sometimes. This can make me seem colder to the world, but I've found it to be a better alternative.

Another thing I do is try my hardest to avoid situations and people that can upset me easy. I realize sometimes this isn't so easy or even possible, but you just have to do what you can. For instance, if there are 5 people that have that affect of you but you can only truly get away from 1 or 2, then I would still say that's a good start. Little differences you can make to your life can add up and make a big difference over time.

I remember how irritable and depressed and anxious I used to be a couple of years ago. Church, work, thoughts of loneliness, and even my own family would send me into overdrive. I wasn't able to remove myself from all of it, but I did quit my church, I got away from a lot go things that made me feel lonely (including interacting with some of my married friends), and I separated myself from several family members to where I saw them much less. This made an enormous difference, and it helped me cope with the rest. In a way, I look at it as if I hit "reset" on my life by isolating myself from what I was in before. From there, I have started to reshape and rebuild my life in new ways, and by doing that I feel like I am in more control. Also, knowing what my buttons are, I can choose to make wiser decisions about what I get myself involved with.

I'm sorry if this wasn't helpful, but either way, I am pulling for you!
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Mo, tell yourself that it is possible to know that you have the strength within you to not let these things get to you. Life is what it is, that is a given, and our responsibility towards it is to navigate to the path where we can believe we are stronger than the bs. This is our challenge, but it's one that is do-able with sufficient 'ice-axes' - like a mountaineer climbing on ice - when he feels himself slipping he plunges an ice-axe into the ground and holds on - this mental imagery may help you next time you find yourself being got at. What we use as an ice-axe is a truth-coach - always try to tell yourself what the objective truth is about your situation, and do not rely on your feelings because the thing about feelings generally is that they are very capable of not reflecting reality accurately to us, and following their leading is bound to set us off.
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Gosh, thank you all for responding.

I find it very difficult to relax and stop thoughts and anxiety etc. I feel I am not handling things well at all. I've come to this junction in my life where all I knew has now gone, completely. I can't write more as I'm too upset. But thank you again.
  7. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Mo, you are amazing a unique, kind, honest, sincere and beautiful person who has been through so much heartache and loss... so it is totally understandable that you are tired. hurt and worn out and though I have no amazing answers or words of advice, I want you to know how very much I and so many others here care its time to reach out and hold onto the fact that people care I care and take it hour by hour, minute by minute sending you all the caring this great big pond will carry :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.