Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by na-taya, Aug 10, 2016.

1. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

How do normal people get.on with everyday task.....

Please I need to pull it together. But I am struggling
  2. silis

silis Active Member

i just gave up. i just dont care at all anymore. i have no ambition to get a better job, or move out of this hellhole town, or to get a bf. im just so done with this life. why bother to everyday tasks? if the suffering in life outweighs the joy, and everyone dies eventaully, then why even bother with anything? its so pointless and painful to live.
  3. na-taya

But you at least can hold down job. I can't do anything I'm a so beyond useless.

I wosh you.will all.the best I hope you see the potentia─║ in that's inside of you
  4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Define "normal" please and I might be able to provide a answer for you.
  5. na-taya

People that can leave the house with little or no worry?
    People that can study and it's not cause them to break.
    I'm not exactly sure what I mean by 'normal'

I just want to be able to function and do 'everyday' things.
  6. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I really don't think there is any such thing as normalcy just the idea of it. Sometimes I feel like I am not going to make it throughout the day. This morning I woke up and thought "how the hell am I going to last at work today?" I have gone to class and just sat there and didn't absorb anything. You aren't useless and you can do more than you think. Sometimes you just have to fake it to make it. I want to call out of work almost every day but I force myself to go (mostly because I can't afford to lose my job haha) but also because it gets me out of the house and out of my head for a few hours. Maybe you can see doing these so-called "normal" things as a way to escape some of the uselessness you feel?
    SinisterKid likes this.
  7. na-taya

Thanks for your response.

I agree there isn't really a normal either. I guess I'm just lost right now.

I admire that you are able to push through and do that.

I do push myself to do stuff and I guess sometimes I push to hard and end up here.
    It's suck because I know sometimes I just need to push through but also other times self care is important.
  8. lightning05

Self care is definitely important. Sometimes it's really hard to find a good balance between the two. Feeling lost is rough, I sort of feel that way too at this point in my life. I wish I had more advice on how to "find" oneself. Just do the best you can and be patient with yourself!
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  9. na-taya

Thanks again for you time!!

I'm at a loss of move to make next apart from the inevitable end.

I tell my metal health workers.......they suggest distraction and possible a phone call a day to make sure I'm still around. Or hospital.

I'm sick of living a life of distraction to keep me here longer? And for what? Nothing. I don't want daily phone calls to make sure I'm ok what's the point. To keep my alive? But for what reason? "It will get better" yeah it possible will and it will pass yeah I know these things, but it just comes back around again at some point.

I just don't know where to turn or what to do.
    lightning05 likes this.
  10. lightning05

I feel that way too. Hearing that it is going to get better, these different methods to distract from the constant thoughts, and all the suggestions about how you can be happy again. It does seem to come back around doesn't it? I don't know what to say honestly except that for right now let's both agree to keep trying our best and taking it day by day.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  11. na-taya

Thanks:) I'm so sorry to hear that you are also struggling right now.

Day by day, minute by minute urgh I'm just so tied of all of this.

I hope that you soon are able to find some comfort and feel better soon. I'm so sorry you or anyone else has to feel this way *hug*
  12. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You deal with one day at a time. You set yourself a daily timetable and try to stick to it. Appreciate others and help others which gives you a purpose to live. Treat each day as a new day and it learn to cope with different situations. You can rebuild your life but it's not an easy road to follow.

Some days you will be fine and others will be low. It's hard but you survive on a day by day basis. I'm still her living this life in this process.

Take care and most important be safe.
    lightning05 likes this.
  13. na-taya

Guess I'm just not as strong as others. I can't continue to live my life day by day anymore.

I just.....

Don't even have words anymore really
  14. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Hi Na
    I cant live my life day by day as it is now. Its just too painful. So understand. But in future I think your days will get better and your plans will start to work out. So please dont think about how you feel now as how u will feel in future. Get through the hard days now, so that you can eventually start enjoying every day.
    Its hard to see beyond the current pain, I know that. The present is just so immediate. But things will almost cerainly get better, with time, effort and luck.
    Please hang in, keep posting. Im planning to to try and find some enjoyment everyday and build on that.
    tc my friend
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  15. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

This is a very easy trap to fall into na-taya and one I have fallen into myself. We cannot see inside of someone else, we have no idea whats going on in their lives, we can only assume they leave the house with no worries or stress or anxiety. So because we cant know that, we remove it from the equation of narmalacy.

Suicides amongst students is on the increase in the UK. I dont know about other countries. Most students now end up in a lot of debt due to their studies, so there is even more pressure on them to succede and then repay the debt. I cannot imagine what that must be like. Even a lot of mature students who were able to study free or were subsidised are now having to go into debt if they wish to study.

For me, and I have said it elsewhere on this forum, there simply is no "normal". Life is so much more complex now than its ever been, so the antequated view of what normal actually is, has been gone a long time in my opinion. Being able to function and do everyday tasks is something that we would all like to be able to do. Sadly, mental health issues make that incredibly difficult on a day to day basis. I feel not too bad on one day, then for the next three days I feel lethargic, demotivated, hopeless, useless and just want to cry. How am I supposed to do everyday tasks when I feel like that? I feel like that because I am ill and I accept that now. So make the most of any half decent to decent days that come along, function in the mediocre days and get through the bad/terrible days any way you possibly can.
    lightning05 likes this.