How?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Stupid Boy, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stupid Boy

Stupid Boy Guest

How do I selfharm safely? I want to hurt myself for what I done but I don't know what to do?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about talking about why you think you need punishing rather than hurting yourself:unsure:
    We're a broad minded lot and no one will lynch you hun :hug:

3. Stupid Boy

Stupid Boy Guest

I just want to teach myself a lesson or two. I've done something bad to someone and I need to be punished for it. So can you please tell me how to do it?

4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

We do not share methods generally.

If you do not self harm already DO NOT START.

It is an addiction, it is very dangerous and it can kill you.

If youve done something wrong then the guilt your feeling is punishment enough, think of it that way.

Join the forum and maybe we can help you through this by talking through it

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone, at somepoint in their life (unless they are a saint) has hurt someone or done something they would dearly like to take back.
    There is no need to punish yourself, just try to put it right.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There really is no safe way to self harm. The safest way is to stay away from it and never start. If you truly think you need to pay some price for something you have done, deny yourself something you like for a specified amount of time. Maybe you cannot eat chocolate for a week, or listen to a stereo or ipod. Maybe no TV. I don't know what kinds of things you enjoy doing, so can't make good suggestions I guess. But overall, you do not need to hurt for something you have done. If it was done to someone else offer them a sincere apology. Do something nice for them. It takes a big person to admit when they have done something wrong.

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree ^

Please don't start it becomes a awful habbit, i've done it 10 years, please don't start hun. Learn from the simple fact you know what happend was wrong and try not to let it accur again. Maybe you should talk about it, might make you feel better. :hug:

8. ybt

ybt Guest

i feel i should revive this topic, it's really important.

self harm i do feel there is a way to do it safely. self harm prevents the person from doing worse things, if the person must, but it can easily go wrong. if you cut into muscle, it's worse than if we had given them methods in the first place

9. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

It's true it can be done safely... at first any way. But what happens when the safe way isn't enough? Then the person goes deeper and deeper (if cutting). Sure people don't start out doing much but it worsens and becomes dangerous and addictive.

10. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Yes it can be done safely and to self harmers I often give advice on how to do that, but this person is not (was not at time of posting) already a self harmer.

I cannot encourage someone to self harm just as I cant encourage someone to turn to alcahol, drugs or sex to make themselves feel better.

11. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Hurting yourself is not a good form of punishment! you dont need punished at all.

But an alternative to cutting or blood stuff....is to hold ice in your hands, it'll be freezing and it hurts but it's not that dangerous. Or put your hand on the wall of the fridge or freezer.

12. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Isn't there a way to apologize and make amends with this person? That would actually accomplish something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.