How?!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by absolution, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I seem to be able to tell him EVERYTHING but yet i cant seem to tell him this one way i self harm. He knows about all the other ways and knows pretty much everything about me...yet i sit here terrifyed to tell him that i hurt myslef this way. Im not sure why i am so scared....maybe its shame....maybe its fear of him turning his back on me.

I just dont know what to do.... :cry:

2. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

I am sure this person will not walk away if you tell him ... as you say you can tell him anything and if he is even half the friend you deserve he will still be there if you decide to tell him :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

if you are not comfortable right now that is understandable in time perhaps you will trust him more go at your own pace okay Take care

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

agree with this...:hug::flowers::arms:

5. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

I understand exactly what you mean because I'm basically going through the same thing with my partner. I am able to tell him everything else (and have) up to this point, yet I cannot bring myself to tell him about this one specific thing.

Maybe it is shame. Maybe it's some form of modesty. But for me personally, it's the fact that it's my last secret that I get to keep to myself ; like, I don't want to let go of that little piece of information just yet.

So perhaps it's just an issue of self preservation (of sorts) that you're experiencing. If that's the case and you're just not ready to relay that secret yet, don't rush things. Try not to worry about it. Take all the time you need and when you're sure you're ready, ease into telling him -- if you do decide to.

I hope I was of some help and I wish you the best of luck. You can always PM me if you want to talk.

//Sydx

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

So perhaps it's just an issue of self preservation (of sorts) that you're experiencing. If that's the case and you're just not ready to relay that secret yet, don't rush things. Try not to worry about it. Take all the time you need and when you're sure you're ready, ease into telling him -- if you do decide to.

I hope I was of some help and I wish you the best of luck. You can always PM me if you want to talk.

//Sydx[/QUOTE]

I think your right about it being a self preservation thing. But i told him... and he didnt freak :D :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.