Howdy Y'all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by galalleni, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy y'all,

I am new to these forums - this looks like a great idea, providing support where none previously existed. I've tried help lines but I am immediately taken to the hospital - they think that is the only way to help when all I need to do is talk myself through things.

My Dx is Severe Major Depression w/Psychotic features (DSM: 296.34) - I've made a number attempts in the past (two nearly successful). Previously I decided that it was too hard to go through with anything - may as well live and see where it takes me; lately though I've been struggling with my mind over thoughts I can't seem to shake, it's nice to find a place where people talk with other people and provide support (I've heard too much psycho-babel in my lifetime :rolleyes:).

I apologize in advance if I seem cold, I am pretty detached from emotion. Hope to chat or talk and see if I can help people, or get some help to get through the hard times. Thanks.

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!! :hug:

3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF :) I hope you will find all the support you need here, It is a great place with many caring people. Feel free to PM me if you need to chat ^.^ *huggles*

Caroline

4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF, galalleni.

Hopefully you'll find our community to be the support you're looking for. :smile:

I know the psychobabble can get really tiresome at times, which is why it's so nice to be able to come here and get some real-people replies, instead of psychobabbles.

If you ever feel like talking in private, feel free to email me.

5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF hun. Hope you will find here the help you need :)
    Feel free to pm me anytime
    :hug:
    Beret

6. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum! This is a good place to get support and talk to others with similar problems. I understand what you mean about just wanting to talk things out sometimes. Sometimes all that's needed is just a kind person to listen to you. You'll find that here. :smile:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to our community. I am glad you found us. I am sure you will find plenty of people to talk with here. :hug:

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.