Discussion in 'Welcome' started by WilliamWallace, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy y'all, my name is William. My handle was inspired by the movie Braveheart. It's one of my favorites. I suppose you could consider me a liberal Catholic. That basically means I show everybody respect no matter what they believe. My friend sourced these forums for me. She says that I need to talk about my life goals and find some direction. Last month I attempted to commit suicide. I've come to consider that attempt as selfish and my self as self-centered for going that route. I think I might have tried earlier on in my life, if it weren't for my being considerate of the people I care about in my life.

I thought I would have a lot more to say. It could be a lack of motivation. I've been down on my self since attempting to end my own life and I've felt like my most basic drives have been switched off. It's been like a part of my self actually did die that day.

That's it, I guess.

I look forward to reading your reply posts.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No one will judge you here I hope the hospital or doctor has set up some supports in place for you when you get feeling so low again
    Hope you continue to talk here as well ok
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey William and welcome to the forum. I hope you find that sharing experiences helps. I am glad you survived the attempt. I hope you find St supportive.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

From one liberal catholic to another WELCOME!

We all need a bit of input through life and the tough times, you will find help and friendship here. :D
  5. Thank you all for your kind welcoming.
    In response to total eclipse, I'm not in contact with a psychiatrist or therapist largely due to not having health cover.
    To Petal, thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot.
    Terry, it's always a pleasure being acquainted with a like-minded peer.

6. gabe perron

gabe perron Member

Bro don't be brainwashed. You don't owe anybody anything. I'm not saying suicide is okay, but don't listen to what these people tell you. Your life is your own right. If your constantly suffering you don't have to stay alive for other people to make them happy. You have to do it for yourself.

Ask me any questions im here.
  7. Nice to meet you, brother. I have a conflict of how I view suicide. I hope to have a chance to get to know you better.

8. gabe perron

gabe perron Member

It just sounds stupid to me that whole concept. Okay, so i'm suffering and i see no point in living, somehow that makes me self absorbed because it hurts other people?
    No offense but did i ask to be born , not really. My dad told me 100 times when he was raising us that he wishes he never had kids. Then why did he? Noone forced him to. Anyhow i'm getting off topic here.

Anyway to commit suicide , is to be done in a way that you are truly isolated and content and found a way out. Thats the only way you will be successful at it. Am i condoning it? In some way i suppose, if there is no other choice do it without regret, do it without sorrow, do it and make sure that there is no turning back. Be brave and belief that you are making the right choice to end your pain. For me personally if i had to do it, i would go so far into the wilderness or a desert with limited supplies and then im finished. Noone has to find a trace of me either. When people do it and fuck it up, it seems to be like a cry for attention.

Sorry i babbled alot, and i don't get in trouble for this. I am going to start a thread about my struggle with suicide in a moment.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.