Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tilt, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilt

Tilt Member

Hi everyone I'm pretty bad at introductions but here goes. I'm 20 years old and live in Northern Ireland. I've had depression and anxiety since I was 16, at it's best it's just a problem I can ignore and at it's worst I can barely move because of it. I think about checking out of life often. Over the past 6 months it has somewhat intensified due to unemployment and growing distance between me and my friends. I've been feeling a little lonely so I figured I have nothing to lose by signing up.

Thank you all for having me, lovely site you have here. ^^
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

HI @Tilt :) Welcome to SF - it is really lovely to have you. If loneliness is an issue for you, hop into chat :) There are usually people in and around at this time of night (its a lot quieter in the mornings and early afternoon)

I totally understand about anxiety and depression - sometimes it just makes everything so hard. Are you actively looking for work? What is creating the distance between you and your friends?

Keep talking to us :)
    2 people like this.
  3. Tilt

Tilt Member

Hello there, I will be sure to check the chat out at some point!

Yeah I'm looking for work. My last job SUCKED actually, so it was sort of a good thing it was only a temporary position. But I need routine in my life too to feel satisfied. As for the distance, just the usual things. Studies, work, gf/bf stuff. Sucks but sometimes this sorta stuff is out of control I guess.

Thanks for your concern. :)
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello tilt and welcome to the forums, I am from southern Ireland, it's nice to see fellow Irish folks on this site lately. I hope you find what you are looking for here. We will listen and support you no matter what you are going through. We can be a staple in your recovery. Do you want to talk more about your issues and why suicide is on your mind hun? Keep talking to us here if it helps!
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi glad to see you reaching out for support that takes strength to do so good for you Tilt welcome to SF
  6. Tilt

Tilt Member

Oh neat, I've been down South often. A very beautiful country, and the people are so hospitable. My only problem is that everything is so expensive in Dublin, haha. Nice to meet you.

I find it hard to articulate my thoughts about suicide but the short version is I've just felt kinda miserable and useless, for what feels like forever now. I hate not having a reason to get up in the morning, I get up at 5pm. People have said I'm young and all, but I find it hard to deal with my current situation when it seems so many people have their life together.

Thank you very much for the welcome.
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF @Tilt Glad you found us. Is good ot have aplace to come and talk about things that are hard to talk about often in real life. I hope you fond it helpful for you too. :)
  8. Tilt

Tilt Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!
  9. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Hello! Welcome in the forum, If you feel lonely check the chat its great and people are so nice.
    I hope we can help you! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.