Hug replys

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hurted, Mar 8, 2008.

Do you find it annoying?

1. No, i like them :hug:

27 vote(s)
  2. I Dont really care...

10 vote(s)
  3. I dont know

1 vote(s)
  4. Yes...

3 vote(s)
  5. I hate that kind of replys!!!

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

You know... that kind of post when someone post only this:

Do you find them annoying? I dont... but i want know your oppinion...
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

3. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

me neither
  4. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

it doesnt bother me, i rather like them to me it shows that although the person may not have advice to give, they care enough to say something.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sometimes people dont know what to say as a reply, but they want people to know that someone cares about them
  6. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I like them :hug:
    Knowing someone is listening to you feels rather nice. Plus not everyone likes adivce thrown at them.
  7. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

sometimes it annoys me and sometimes it doesn't. I dont do them, I always say something at least, but at least you know someone cared enough to, and its better than no replies.
  8. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

I don't really care either way. Yeah, it's something other than nothing. But if you wouldn't actually hug them, why be fake and put it in a post?
  9. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

To me, it's a nicer way of saying, "I read this, just don't have anything to say."

Fine with me. Sometimes, most times, I just like to be heard.
  10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I kind of dislike them... I have a problem with hugs, in real life, as well. I feel they should be reserved for, in my case, my girlfriend, if I ever get one. I don't really mind, though... while it is a little bit annoying, it is, still, a way of saying you care, even though you have nothing to say, so it's kind of nice, as well.
  11. bronwyyn

bronwyyn Well-Known Member

I think that it's sweet to post a reply even if you have nothing to do but give a hug, because at least it shows that someone is listening to you. However, I do prefer constructive and more creative answers. :biggrin:
  12. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i dont like them at all but its good if they help others and make them feel good or whatever
  13. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

to me, hugs are always welcome, whether in real life or cyberspace.
  14. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It doesn't bother me, it's sweet and shows that you've been seen and someone cares at least a little. But... see I can understand because I've done it, sometimes I'm not sure what to say or advise, or I'm too drained reply but my heart goes out so I want them to know someone cares and was thinking of them.

*hugs all around* (to anyone who wants one :wink:)
  15. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

16. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I like the hugging icon. I usually take a min or two to make a reply first then end it with a hug. :hug:
  17. magic1

magic1 Active Member

it doesn't bug me. It's like a default. but after a while if ou notc that that's ALL that someone sas well it gets annoying and you wonder why they bother. It also anoys me when ppl write "lol" for everythging, even when there's NOTHING funny like if you say youre not feelig good they say "lol why?"
    "lol aaw"
    "lol sorry"
  18. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I mean sometimes I want to help, but don't really know what to say. So I send 'em a hug.

Hugs are good ^_^
  19. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. At least someone's showing they've read your post and care.
  20. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I think of the hugs as a thoughtful gesture because they fear your pain but just can't think of anything helpful to say. I think the hug represents "yes I read your post and you are not alone or I can understand"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.