Huge loss of appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris.T

I put it here because it's to do with eating, if it belongs elsewhere, apologies.

I used to have my 3 meals a day, casual snacks in between and what not. What 'normal' people do. But lately, I'm just not hungry. Ever. I didn't eat for three days, then my family had a dinner and I went, and forced myself to eat at least something. I felt sick after. I felt like I wanted to throw the contents of my stomach back up all over my plate.

I can't stand the sight, smell, taste of food anymore. It disgusts me. I don't want to eat. I can't keep hiding the fact I'm not eating either. People will soon realise.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Scum

Has anything happened to trigger this? How has your mood been recently?

It's very common that when you don't eat, and then do eat, you feel sick, because your tummy shrinks, but you can readjust so that your tummy can cope with more, just be kind with your tummy.

Kris.T

I had a bad night sunday night. Upset someone important to me, which has probably triggered. it. :(

I just can't seem to force myself to eat, like, I don't want to swallow the food.

Scum

Do you want to talk about what upset you?

It can be hard to eat sometimes, so, so hard, but you need to eat to live. Can you try maybe having ensure drinks to boost you up, if eating is hard? Or maybe try eating things that are easy to swallow? Like scrambled eggs? yoghurt?

Why is it you don't want to swallow food?

On my of symptoms that my depression is worsening is that when I try to eat, my throat won't swallow and I end up heaving, so I can relate in that sense. I also have issues with eating anyone, so can relate in that sense too; depending on what it is you think you are struggling with.

Kris.T

I don't really know why I can't eat. I can't really pinpoint a particular reason.

The smell, taste, sight of it just makes my stomach turn. The desire to eat just isn't there like it used to be. I think about eating, I start feeling sick, or thinking of an excuse to tell my parents as to why I'm not hungry. The lies can only last so long. :(

Scum

Lies are not good. I would suggest that you tell them the truth about not feeling like you want to eat. I would also suggest seeing a doctor because they may be able to help. Keep trying to eat easy things though, if you can. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to sort it out.

Kris.T

So, I actually ate tonight. Not becaused I forced myself, but because I wanted to. I had some fruit, and a sammich. 2 hours later, I threw it all straight back up. =/

Scum

Ok, that's expected and understandable. When your tummy has not been used to food, it can be a huge shock when it first gets it again, plus, when you don't eat your stomach shrinks and so when you put stuff in, it struggles to cope. Try eating little and often and also blander foods, if you can. This will pass.

You've done really well :) Keep it up!

I just wanted to say that Im going through the same thing right now. I am dealing with a guy that was emotionally hurting me and left me for someone else. I cant eat, sleep and Im feeling very sick. I lost my appetite and Ive been super skinny for a while now. Hope everything goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00