Huh.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Zueri, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Back here, again.

I don't like admitting I have a problem, and I can quit the drinking thing for weeks at a time. Then comes the the break-down, and fuck myself up until I pass out. For the life of me, I can't stop. Chain-smoking. Drinking. I'll drink at school, on the job, at home, on the bus, everywhere. And nobody really seems to notice because I'm just that goofy. I'm a "riot" to be a round, I'm perpetually obnoxious and sarcastic and inappropriate and so on and so forth. I'm pretty good at covering up smells, and if I add sunglasses to the mix -- fuck, nobody knows what I've been up to.

I gave myself alcohol and nicotine poisoning last night, and I just pretended that my boss had passed the flu on to me this morning so I didn't have to go to work. I did go to class, because school's the one thing I'm not willing to screw with in my life, but I got home and I've been on the bottle since then.

Thing is...
    I don't want to stop. It's almost like that song -- "when you're so high, you never ever really wanna come down, so down..." I don't have a nice reality to sink back into, and the alcohol is a welcome escape. The stuff that's going on around me -- family, bills, conflicts at work, blahblahblah -- is running me over. I can't see myself ever coming out of the mess. People enjoy asking me where I see myself in ten years; I can't tell them that I see myself six feet under in six months.

I don't even know why the hell I'm writing this. Just need to get it out, maybe? Some subconscious realization that I don't want to flush my life down the toilet, and that I won't find happiness at the bottom of a bottle?

Help? :mellow:

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sometimes you just need to write things down ... to get it out and know someone's reading.

What is it you're trying to escape? I hope you'll talk about it here; it might help to get some stuff out.

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

yeah yeah girl i know the feeling. you's a tough cookie and i understand how it feels when the tough cookie starts crumbling in a nice bottle of whiskey

i can't give you any help cuz i ain't got a damned clue what to do about any fucking thing.

but if it's any consolation at alllll, you aren't unheard or misunderstood

if it's no consolation at allllll, my bad :seehearspeak:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Is it that you really don't want to, or is it that you don't want to face things or are afraid to face things without it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.