Humans are not supposed to live as much as we do

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by blue.fear, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue.fear

blue.fear Member

life expectancy is unnaturally too high for our species. we were supposed to die as soon as we reach our early 20's. it was only in the last few generations that this started to change. Everything that we have after a certain age is artificial life. we were supposed to be dead, but we are not. artificial life calls for artificial happiness. everything we get in life after a certain age is already 'profit', becouse we were supposed to be dead already. its the most natural thing to get bored and depressed with life after a ceirtain age: a mature, well developed human being will enjoy every second of his existence, and thus, run out of enjoyments, since "i've been there, i've done that"

it takes a dull, underdeveloped, insensitive human being to feel that something as mediocre as our little dull modern lifes can make us 'happy'. family, tourism, ice-cream, television, carrer... you have to be an idiot to take joy from this crap.

in fact, we cease to be 'human beings' after a certain age, and become machines. artificial machines. because we were not supposed to be alive. there is nothing to look forward to. so our 'happiness' has to be artificial too.

how do you create artificial happiness?
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Most days I like to go out for a walk. I walk the same path day after day, just to go and look at a tree. I've been visiting the tree now for 2 years. Sometimes I think "Aren't I bored of doing this?", "Isn't there going to come a time when I think it's not worth it?". I guess that says more about me than the tree though.
  3. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I have several thoughts. First of all, I don't know where 'nature' ends. Isn't building civilizations with long life expectancy part of what makes us natural human beings? Also, old people have been around for a looong long time. I don't know alot of examples, but I know emperor caeser died around 50, and that's because he was murdered, not because he was old. Also, I've heard of amazonas tribesmen living to 60, and that's about as natural as you get. It's true that in the past hundred years or so, two new age groups have been added to society. There used to be child (0-10) transitional (10-14) young adult (15-20) and senior adult (20+). The senior adults grow old but their role doesn't really cange from leaders. But now instead of young adult we have teenager (15-20) young adult role starts at (20-40) and then senior adult is only (40+). This creates a problem because teens above sixteen are equiped with all they need to actually take responsibility, and instinctually they're ready, so they start fighting with their cultural but not natural superiors. That messes with the young adult generation, because some of them just grew up crooked. Then we have the middle age crisis, because your body knows you're ready to die, and all you know is you're ready to lead, but all your youth, strength, and intelligence is gone. Think how old presidents are. Think how old great leaders used to be hundreds of years ago. And that is why I think humans are so utterly fucked up, it's because our lives are streched out of proportion.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I don't believe that humans are not supposed to live as long as they do now. The fact that we do live longer now means we were always capable of it.
  5. blue.fear

blue.fear Member

we may be capable, but after a while it becomes boring. our bodies can do it, but our mind runs out of incentives to keep living.
  6. Anime-Zodiac

I understand what your trying to say. I think our minds can adapt to such things and also we can acquire new tastes and what not so that our minds can keep up with our bodies.
  7. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Evolution is the answare
    people are evolving with each genertion
    if you will check it, you will see that for the last 2000 years
    people become physicly higher in thayr structure
    smarter, with more creativity, higher IQ.

In the feauture we will live for much longer... like 200 years or so...
    the problem is that oxigen is poisones for us even though we need it to live
    plus, physical stress such as hard work is also effects our lifes.
    In the not so far feauture when human will live in space and will
    no longer be required to lift heavy waights or his own boddy
    pkus the food will be healthier, and the oxigen will be replaced with
    some sort of healthy gas, then we will live for MUCH MUCH longer...
  8. Ziggy

What's wrong with ice cream?

Also tourism - the fact that people can go around the world, experience different peoples and cultures. These are just the things we couldn't have done hundreds of years ago and it's good that we can do so now isn't it?

Television - I like to watch documentaries, learn about science and the world we live in. Technology and knowledge are changing so rapidly, and we're priviliged to be able to learn about it and see so many new inventions and theories being developed. Personally if I live to the natural end of my life I'd like to see robots and virtual reality etc.

Life may be longer, but if you lived in a little village way back in the middle ages there was far less to stimulate your mind then there is now, so I think we're better off.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Where did you get the idea humans live are only supposed to live until their 20's? :blink: History has shown that even before developed medical science the average life span of a human was around 40 or 50 years.
  10. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Who says were supposed to die in our twentys? Based on what?
  11. THANK you!! :biggrin:

(of course it would depend on the flavour...Breyers Very Chocolate Cherry anyone? :tongue:)
  12. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Well human life expectancy gets longer determined by your surroundings.

Since we live in houses and have science.... nature doesn't really effect our life spans.

But I do understand what you are trying to say.
    Naturally, maybe, we aren't supposed to live as long as we do.
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

What you're saying doesn't make much sense blue.fear. When humans were a primitave species, life expectency was very low (30's), because life was a constant struggle hunting for food and just trying to survive in a harsh environment. Life expectency is very high now because humans can take very good care of themselves and live as long as we want. There are still diseases like cancer etc. that can strike us down at any time, but a lot of people want to live a long life. There once lived a man named Thomas Parr who lived to be 152 years old. He is buried in the West Minister Abbey with Shakespeare and other famous people. I would love to be that old. :eek:ld:
  14. blue.fear

blue.fear Member

The following information is derived from the Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1961, as well as other sources:

Historical Life expectancy of humans:

Neanderthal 20
    Upper Paleolithic 33
    Neolithic 20
    Bronze Age 18
    Classical Greece 20-30
    Classical Rome 20-30
    Pre-Columbian North America 25-35
    Medieval Britain 20-30
    Early 20th Century 30-40
    Current world average 66.12 (2008 est.)

every joy we have past a certain age is completely artificial, because we were not supposed to be alive.

If you live your life to the fullest you run out of new (natural) joyfull things to do by the time you are 20 something. the rest is artificial, meaningless and very recently (poorly) created pass-times to keep us busy until we die.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  15. Anime-Zodiac

Meaningless huh. Speak for yourself. Far as I know, most people i've known and met who are in their 40's and over don't find things in that stage of their lives meaningless. But of course that doesn't mean all people who are in that stage of their lives are like that. I'm sure there are many older people who do find it meaningless but I doubt we can say it's because of age and duration.
  16. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Firstly we do not have a 'death age' by nature, nature simply works by an animal dying when it can no longer compete. there are many cases of finding the skeletons of men and women into their 50's from thousands of years ago.
    we are not precocial animals and we have to look after our offspring for many years to give them a chance. family is natural instinct, not a human made 'happiness', it is natures way of increasing survival chances. altruistic behaviour did not develop through wanting to be happy, it evolved through necessity
    although we are now living longer than ever has become of great concern, as we increase in life span we do not increase in health through those extra years, meaning many of us can look forward to crapping our pants and having our arses wiped for many years too....not the end i would hope for!
  17. Ziggy

If people here have reached 20 and lived their lives to the fullest then you truely have my respect. I'm 40 and have done f*** all with my life. :laugh:
  18. Hmm... Seems to me that by your "logic", OP - No other creatures (nevermind humans) should have trans-migrated across the globe as they have in legion forms and numbers, and not only survived, but adapted, and thrived.

I wonder if they're all bored to tears...? :tongue:

I mean, what about those darned Turtles! They've been around for about 315 million years (Wiki). And Harriet! "Harriet the Giant Galapagos Land Turtle turned 175 at an Australia Zoo. (Harriet was collected by Charles Darwin in the year 1835, and is recorded as the worlds oldest living animal.)"

Or debatably - "The longest documented turtle life span is of Tui Malila, a turtle that belonged to the royal family of Tonga. Tui Malila was born in 1777 and lived until 1965--an incredible 188 years!"

Oh, and btw - my mum is 82 (a pittance, I know). "Boredom" is a word that has never ever been in her vocabulary, nor mine - in fact, she and I regularly mock others who haven't got the foggiest notion as to how to spend (or waste) their time. We also laugh each and every day - which is almost as good as Ice Cream! :tongue:
  19. blue.fear

blue.fear Member

oh, and you enjoy going into suicide foruns and rubbing that on depressed people's faces huh? Thats human nature, we take pleasure from the pain of others.
  20. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

FAL1's joined here exactly for the same reasons as the rest of us, blue.fear - to get support :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.