Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Reaper_01, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Reaper_01

Reaper_01 Member

I go to an upgrading high school to get the grades necessary to get into university. I'm an old person at the age of 26. I don't have a girlfriend I don't have a job and I'm pretty much on my own. I have nobody else to talk to about this.

Today while at school I was followed into the bathroom by a security guard. While washing my hands after doing a number two, he wanted to see some ID and did not believe me that I was a student. After showing him my student ID he wanted further proof and said that I was lying and I could be a drug dealer.

He said I looked too old to be a student and he did not trust me. I told him to stop humiliating me and leave me alone. He gave me a warning, let me finish washing my hands and then I got back to class. I had just finished writing a derivatives unit test for calculus which I got 96% on. I studied hard and yet am not appreciated by anybody at all. If that Jerk-off only knew.....

I'm all alone in this world and nobody knows what I"m doing and now I get treated like crap by a security guard. Was quitting my job as a draftsman really worth the humiliation?
    I'm trying my best here to do better with my life. In return it feels like nobody respects me and I'm constantly patronized or treated like crap.

Honestly this forum is the only place I would vent out to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2007
  2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Security guards, as with most people of authority, have nothing better to do. And are absolute shitheads.

Don't let him get you down, just know that he hates his job and can't do anything about it, you're making an effort to improve yours.
  3. wow, he's just using displacement on you. After all, the ID is enough proof.
  4. Reaper_01

Reaper_01 Member

5. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

You have no reason to feel humiliated, and nobody should treat you as if you do. I admire your going back to school to get a better education... there's nothing wrong with that, I think it's great. Honestly, as was said, that security guard had nothing better to do with his time, and to put it plain and simple was just being an asshole for no reason.

Don't let him or anyone get you down. I really do admire your going back to school, and I don't think quitting your job to go back is at all something to regret, I think it's great. Who cares if you're older, you have every right to an education, and it doesn't matter what some asshole security guard said, I think it's amazing that you're going for it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially some asshole security guard who has nothing better to do with his time.
  6. Reaper_01

Reaper_01 Member

It happened again. Again, coming out of the bathroom. Again after a calculus exam. This time there was a witness, a classmate from my chemistry class. I went to talk to the principal and we have a meeting to discuss his harassment of me. I miss an hour of class do discuss this garbage.

I'm starting to think this person is a homosexual predator who has the hots for me.