Humpty Dumpty

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Chargette, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The doctor said my wrist looks like a scene from Humpty Dumpty. He is going to put a plate in my arm next Monday to help the bones heal right.

Please pray for me.

Vivian

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good Lord whatever did you do to it?

3. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Oh noes! What happened? :hug: Hope it heals good and quickly! Sending good thoughts!

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I did not take into account that wet dirt does not dump the same as dry dirt. I tried to tip the wheel barrow one way, but it went the other way. I did not want to go down on top of it so I let go. I did not recognize that it had already propelled me backwards. I put my arm out to catch my fall.

I crunched the end of the ulna as well as the radius. But I also splintered the radius resulting in pieces. They are going to put a plate in.

Needless to say, no knitting or crochet for awhile. I'll get my DD to help me finish getting that small patch of garden ready. Beef steak tomatoes are a great treat in the summer when it gets in the 100s and I don't want to miss out on getting them planted.

One step at a time. It's strange having to ask my kid to help me get dressed and to tie my shoes. :)

5. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

I am rooting for your full recovery. :turtle:

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Eeewwwwwouch!!!!! My mom did somewhat the same thing. Break I mean. At 65 she decides to learn how to rollerblade. Was a horrible gruesome break and they had to reset it twice.

Will pray that your bones recover swiftly and well hun :arms: