hunger problems...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ExtreemWays, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtreemWays

ExtreemWays Active Member

I go through periods of time when I am not hungry. If I eat at all, it amounts to very little food; perhaps a small bit of rice and beans per day. I can loose up to about a pound per day when I'm not eating at all.

These periods can last several weeks or up to the better part of a year and are often accompanied by constant nausea.

It's not just being not hungry, it's more like anti-hunger to me. I call it anti-hunger because food repels me. I don't like the look, smell, or taste.

I've been completely checked over several times for any physical problems at all, and none was found.

NO medications have worked.

I don' fit into any diagnostic criteria for eating disorders.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

2. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

I have something like that too. I came to realize that it was caused by me not eating in the first place (what's the use..?), then my body got used to it and rejected food, when I did eat it felt strange, like it would do me harm. But then my mind got used to it too and I turned it into self harm method, and then grew into an addiction of some sort, then I felt guilty for eating. But finding the food that doesn't make you puke at even the site of it helps, also eating it in little amounts at the same hours every day. I don't think it's a body problem, more to do with mental issues. But could become one, I get these huge dizziness when I don't eat at all now.
    Hope it all works for the better for you :)
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have gone through those periods and had to learn relaxation exercises to keep the food down...I also found that if I have an ant-acid before, I am less prone to be, it happens under extreme stress, but whenever it does, I am very upset with myself...J
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

your thoughts are the problem as well therapy to change those thoughts about food may help you accept eating and not be turned off by the food hugs
  5. ExtreemWays

ExtreemWays Active Member

I guess I'm slowly coming to the realization that I may have a genuine hunger problem as opposed to it being a secondary symptom to something else. Also, that it is probably mental.

Whatever the case, when it's bad it just floors me. It's like "normal" lack of hunger only 100 times worse. It's not transient, it can persist for months. I can drop 20-30 pounds no problem.

A good analogy would be comparing a normal headache to a migraine. Migraines are in a completely different league. Normal headaches don't compare at all.

It's not bad now, but I wish I could find something that would make this completely go away. I'm not looking forward to going through another episode with this thing.

6. Simons

Simons Member

Eating problem is a main existing problem that happens with many people and i would like to say that it should be resolved and there are many options and for this purpose drink more juices and also take more tea and either you eat less doesn't matter.
  7. Shown

Shown New Member

Hello Simons. Thanks for your idea dear. i have also eating problem. I can' feel hunger and due to this i feel lot of weakness. I will try to follow your tips. I hope with these tips my weakness problem will solve. Keep posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.