HUngry For Life...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ahrimar, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahrimar

Ahrimar Well-Known Member

The way I see it. Why I have thoughts and desires to off myself again, is that I'm hungry for life again. Excitement, you know, things to happen.

But when things start going downhill for you (Losing your job, girlfriend cheating on you, and facing 30 days in jail for a DUI, best friend back stabbing you) it just... Doesn't seem worth it anymore, does it?

Thats the ultimate goal in suicide isn't it? To escape into something that we feel is better than life? All of us have that hunger for life though. We need it but we get to the point where we think that we can't achieve it anymore...

Why is that? How can actions of just a few people who shouldn't matter put you in positions like this?

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I think you're right, for me it's when the pain seems too great that my brain comes up with suicide as an answer. It's never one thing that brings me down... it's the cumulative effect of many things... loneliness, depression, anger, frustration, my cat dying (don't laugh... it made me very sad), losing my job. If it was only one thing I'd struggle through, but instead i latched onto the idea of suicide and it's hard letting go of it. But I keep trying. I hope you'll try to let go of suicide, too

C

3. Ahrimar

Oh jeez... I have a cat, I'd be devestated if he died.

4. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

We had a cat, smokey died of a genetic disease a couple of months ago. Then we got a new cat, and it had a problem where it had no anal muscles it couldn't push out it's s__. Poor cat, it realy smelled in the house all the time becasue there was always pooh inside the cat. My parents took that one back, and now they got another one, this one is fine, but this one is crazy. I guess it was worth the wait.

5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

wow, that's a very significant point. Is it that you're placing reliance on other people and they're not meeting your expectations? Or that you feel lost by yourself? Worth asking yourself this question again and really thinking about it.

6. Ahrimar

Sorry, I wasnt really you know, asking myself that, its just that Philosophy is one of my hobbies. I love it. Sometimes i just sit there and think of things, whatever and everything, try to explain it all to myself.

7. Fishman

Fishman Guest

well don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

8. Ahrimar

Meh, I've done time. Its no biggie. Just sit on my ass all day, eat and watch tv

9. spunkmaster

spunkmaster Member

been many times i thought about life and ended the thought with death

10. Ahrimar

I've had some weird thoughts about the end decision of life.

One time i decided that it takes 42 humans to screw in a lightbulb. And that was my meaning of life.

11. spunkmaster

spunkmaster Member

the meaning of life thats a funny one i wonder if any animals ever thought why they were living i bet if they did the next thought would be food

12. Ahrimar

Thats all my cat ever seems to think about life, food and sleep.

13. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Cats are awesome like that... :tongue:

14. spunkmaster

spunkmaster Member

your cat seems to have the answer to life then

15. Ahrimar

Seems so, emulating it though gets boring after the first two days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.