Hurt that never seems to end

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have the energy to go into great detail right now, but I have been hurting over many things for years now. From Feeling conflicted with family to dealing with not finishing college and being unsure i ever will, currently stuck in a job i'm not sure i want to be at but don't really have any better options right now, to dealing with being discouraged about love mainly due to experiencing a painful rejection six years ago (let alone other rejections). I try to be grateful with what I have such such as 17 months sobriety, but I feel somewhat hopeless about my life right now. I stay at a recovery hosue and I actually graduated a few months ago which means I don't have to be here anymore, but I'm here because there are still some things I have to work on as well as it's close to things such as my job and other things I do that involve my recovery. However, it can be stressful at times, espcially when it comes to living with other alcoholics and addicts. Not everyone who is here is trying to better themselves.

As I said, I just feel discouraged and hopeless right now and I am trying not to, but the hurt in my life that has been around for sometime just never seems to go away. I don't really know how to make it go away. Anyway, I'm sorry for rambling again.

2. sadhart

Okay, Nothing from anyone? That's fine......I don't care. I was getting sick of coming here and whining about my problems anyway. Fuck this.....I'm done.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are not whining and i do hope that you continue to reach out here Good for you to stay and get the support you need at the recovery house.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, well done on 17 months of sobriety, can't be easy while living with drug addicts who do not want to get better. 17 months is AMAZING and you should be well proud of yourself. Good luck for the future and sorry for not seeing this post sooner (the site was hacked) so it might have got lost in queue.
    You are not whining at all, venting is good for you :hugs:

5. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Petal, I notice that your last post got repeated twice. Same problem is happening to me--when I posted a visitor-message to my friend, the msg got repeated twice, the same as you. I wonder how many other members are experiencing the same problem.

To answer Sadhart, I know what you mean about stress at the detox clinic. Apparently, it seems your problem is more with Social-stress instead of Pain in general. I have that too, which is why I practice Zen-meditation. It keeps my mind serene. Not necessarily happiness because happiness is not the goal of Zen. But serenity is. At least in serenity, it calms and relieves the stress.

6. sadhart

I'm sorry for getting upset this morning. I am hurt and overwhelmed right now. I also feel frustrated that I have been here for four years but still feel unsure about my life. Please don't wish me luck on my future.....I'm not going anywhere as I don't really know what to do quite yet.

7. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Petal, I notice that your last post got repeated twice. Same problem is happening to me--when I posted a visitor message to my friend, the msg got repeated twice, the same as you. I wonder how many other members are experiencing the same problem.

To answer Sadhart, I know what you mean about stress at the detox clinic. Apparently, it seems your problem is more with Social-stress instead of Pain in general. I have that too, which is why I practice Zen-meditation. It keeps my mind serene. Not necessarily happiness because happiness is not the goal of Zen. But serenity is. At least in serenity, it calms and relieves the stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.