Hurt & Used

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaish, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I'm so sad I could cry. I don't understand why people take such advantage of me. I just want to do nice things for the world and to treat the world the way I want to be treated, but I'm not able to. I get myself in so much trouble doing so and right now my feelings have been so hurt. I've been so exhausted the last two weeks dealing with a break in and my car being stolen, but the last three months in general have not been good for me. It hurts that I'm finally having hope and something to look forward to on June 7th and a friend wants to take that from me -- I might get a picture with my favorite artist, but instead she wants me to FaceTime her so instead of a selfie, she can have a moment. It hurts that I told her it was okay for her to stay a weekend, but somehow that turned into eight days! It hurts that she's never given me reason to believe she would treat me as a friend, but I still give her chances. I believed her when she said she literally has no money, but for her to then fly to Amsterdam (from the USA) for literally less than 24 hours and now coming to Vegas this month and September. Stop telling me it's literally impossible when you then turn around and do it anyway.

She has told me sorry for what I'm going through, but has never shown sincerity to it. Rather makes me feel guilty for not doing things such as driving five hours to watch my favorite artist walk out a building into her car. Yes. I said that correctly.

Meanwhile I've been crying in bed for a week straight with the dishes pilling up and no one on my side. Where's the sympathy and understanding for me? It's always been about her. Even when I buy myself more time by giving her a phony story she doesn't care. I tell her I might not be in town the entire time she's here because I have a relative I might have to care for out of town. No sympathy, just expectation that she can stay in my house while I'm gone.

I can't have people like this in my life and it hurts that it's all I seem to come across.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs
    I am sorry that people are treating you so badly. Is it possible to start cutting some of them out of your life?

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello Kaish, I agree with Rocky, maybe time to get some new friends. Sorry you feel so bad and have had some problems with break-ins and stolen car. Hang in there.
    Brian

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

She's using you. Or taking you for granted. I would be upfront with her about your wishes and expectations going forward. If she cannot or will not comply, or show somehow that she cares--beyond what you can do for her--I'd drop her... But I'm fine with being a jerk like that!

Jenumbra likes this.