hurting part 2

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nimbus, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

so a couple months back i posted about losing a friend to suicide. he was the lead singer of a band that i produced an album for a couple of years ago. his death hit our music community extremely hard. it's just been the last couple weeks that i began feeling somewhat normal again.

last night the bass player for that same band killed himself in the exact same way in the same building. i'm just numb. and angry. and feel selfish for not trying to reach out to him more. he's always been hard to take. drugs and alcohol had left him in a weird place. if you caught him sober it was great. if you caught him using, it was fucked up. i just haven't had then energy to reach out and help him. i had my hands full trying to keep myself and the drummer sane.

what a shitty year this is turning out to be. fuck 2011.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry about your friends YOu need to look after you okay YOu could not help him not while you yourself were struggling I hope you get therapy okay please get the help you need to survive all this tragedy hugs to you

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

this is a tough position to be in, to feel suicidal yourself and also lose people around you.

you don't have to carry the world on your shoulders. you're not responsible for their suicides.

if someone reaches out for help and tries to save themselves, you can give encouragement and support, but that's about it.

Like TE said, therapy sounds good. If you can talk to other people in their lives that cared about them, that might help. I'm sure that there are other people who knew them who are having a hard time making sense of all of this.

I hope that you can get through this!

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Each of us would have done so many things differently when we look back at the past...you did the best you could...it must be so difficult to go through this with two ppl you know...I am so sorry...but it is important that you take care of yourself and get the support you need...sorry, again and please continue to post and let us know how you are...J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.