Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DrCynic, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I'm hurtin real bad right now... I am so alone... I wish I <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>... I tried <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>once and it didn't work, won't try that again... I don't like the idea of cutting...

I dunno what to do... I just am having a hard time and I wish I could have someone to hold and talk to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Have you tried a local crisis line? Sometimes just knowing that there is another person on the other side of that line can relieve some angst. Also just talking about your pain and torment can help lift it some. Hope you can find someone to share with.
  3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're hurting so much. I feel pretty much the same at times. Can't hold you but if you want to talk pm me anytime. I know that chatting with people on here has helped me a lot. It doesn't take the pain away but it makes me feel a lot less alone and that gives me the strength to carry on. Best of luck.S.
  4. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

Hang in there i know things are hard right now but you have come to the right people here on SF. I hope we can help you work through whats going on or at least releive you from some of your pain.
    If you ever need anything my msn is displayed in my sig, dont hesitate to talk ill always be here.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Drcynic,
    Welcome to the forum!! Have you tried group therapy? It helps alot of people just to talk face to face! It didn't help me because I am an isolationist and I have socialphobia. I talk here on the forum because noone knows who I am. In the physical world I don't talk to any one including family. I live with my sister because she is my caregiver. The only time I talk to her is when she comes into my space(bedroom). Then I don't talk much, she does all the talking and I either smile at her or I shrug my shoulders.
    Another part of me is suicidal ideations. My therapist helps alot in that respect. She has taught me coping skills, so when I get up in the morning I go thru a routine to help put those thoughts behind me.
    Are you in therapy? Does it help you? If not you should seek a good therapist to help you work thru these problems!! Just be careful and check with your gut feelings when you first see one. It took me three of them before I found the one I am with. She is good at what she does. She actually cares about me. She knows I don't like it when people touch me, and she makes a point at putting her hand on my shoulder when I leave.
    So after all that is said I think you need a good shrink to get you on the right meds, a good therapist, and try group therapy and see if it helps. Take Care!!~Joseph~
  6. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I did have therapy when I had health insurance. Ever since I lost it, I have not been able to afford the cheapest therapy sessions.

Thank you all for being here... I hope one day I can heal and help someone else.
  7. Stranger1

Try going to social services or what ever it is called where you live and apply for medicaid. If your income is low enough they should help you!!! Check around and see if there are any other agencies you can apply for help with!!!Take Care~Joseph~
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

isnt that fucking disgraceful, back in April I was really going crazy and I really needed a therapist, but every therapist I called said they wouldnt take you unless you had Health Insurance or they would negotiate a fee maybe only$100 an hour instead of their normal rate of $120 an hour, fucking criminals

Sometimes I feel like taking revenge on the Republican criminals who vote against medicaid and public services and universal health care, these people want you to die
  9. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I'm a registered Democrat and no fan of Republican policies, but I don't wish them dead.
  10. Stranger1

Hello DrCynic,
    Check around you should be able to find a therapist who works on a sliding pay scale. The one iI am with now I use to see a couple of years before and didn't have insurance so she dropped her fee from $130 to $45. I saw her for a while and then I got really down and went to the hospital and they sent me to a facility that helps those that have no insurance.
    If nothing else check with you hospital and find out if they know of any group therapys anywhere. Those are free and most of the time they have a therapist running the show. I wish you luck!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.