• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Hypersensitivity = not my problem anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoeu

Okay, so it is kind of, but I have found out how to not be bothered by sensations that oughtn't bother me.

Self-hypnosis. I use commands to block out any sensation that I don't like (for me it's almost exclusively sounds.) My blood pressure has dropped 20 mm Hg since I've stopped having to be stressed by my environment.

Now, of course I know that whoever reads this will be uncomfortable with the idea of hypnotism. However,

a) You have complete control over yourself during a trance. You can wake up at any time.
b) You can choose to ignore commands.
c) You will not forget what happens while in a trance unless you choose to.

Being in a hypnotic trance is so similar to full consciousness that ~80% of people entering trances do not realise they are entranced. I had been hypnotised dozens of times before I ever knew that I was, after my therapist explained that a trance is simply a state of deep relaxation.

It's perfectly safe and highly effective.

If anyone's interested, I can give more details.

alison

Yes please, I'd love to hear more details! :)

I'm glad its working for you. When you say self-hypnosis, do you mean you are hypnotizing yourself? (sorry if that's a dumb question). How does this work?

aoeu

At first it's hypnosis by a Danish fellow. However, he leaves a "trigger" that allows the user to put himself into a trance very easily. This means that after listening to it a few times you can put yourself into a hypnotic trance in just a few seconds. I have it as an mp3.

Then once you're under, either by him or by yourself, you can make suggestions to yourself. It's a bit tricky doing it right. For blocking sensations, I find that I can't directly block it, by saying "you will not hear that annoying noise." I find I have to decide to focus on something else, "you will hear only the prof." Though my mom had success one night using "you will STOP itching". So I dunno exactly how it works, it's deep magic or something.

PM me your email if you want the file, it takes about 15 minutes to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$345.00
Goal
$255.00