Hypnosis for anxiety?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have heard positive and negative things about hypnosis -positive being that it worked -negative being that it was expensive and did not work.

So has anyone here tried it? There are lots of people practicing hypnosis in my city...I'm guessing they would not still be in business if it didn't work. Does anyone know anyone it has worked for? What is it like etc.. I could just read up on it but I'd like to hear first hand about it from people that know about it :)

W Miller

I have heard positive and negative things about hypnosis -positive being that it worked -negative being that it was expensive and did not work.

So has anyone here tried it? There are lots of people practicing hypnosis in my city...I'm guessing they would not still be in business if it didn't work. Does anyone know anyone it has worked for? What is it like etc.. I could just read up on it but I'd like to hear first hand about it from people that know about it :)
Yes I went (((four))) times. The first time I went was maybe 15 years ago (or more). I would be happy to give you his info. But, he was deported after getting in trouble with the law. Truthfully, the first time, It DID work. He put me under without me knowing. It was really scary, and not at all that great of a feeling. But it was real. He told me it worked because I was not fighting it. He snapped his fingers (clapped his hands), and, the next thing I knew he was catching me. I subsequently made 1 visit in public (an event at a hotel he was putting on), the next, was 2 office visits. The last one, he didn't even charge me for. He was not a scammer. He got into drugs or something. Don't recall. They didn't not work though in his office. He finally told me to stop, as I was not receptive. Could've got me for more money. He believes what he does is real.

Sorry Petal to be a Debbie downer. I think its snake oil. Toss your money in a wishing well first.

Go with meditation.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Miller for sharing your experiences with hypnosis! I think I may give it a pass. The cons weigh up higher than the pros. It's pretty expensive here too. Btw, seems like you got mixed up with a few dodgy ones lol!! When they ain't charging something is up! I guess I just wanted someone to post saying it worked for them, maybe someone will. I will keep the option open but won't book an appointment unless I get some real good reviews about it!

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :)

W Miller

Unless you find a free event someone is putting on, go ahead then, what's to lose. They are out there. Usually you'll find them advertising helping people to quit smoking.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hmmmm now how did I not think of that lol! I will check up on it and see if there are any free offers out there and will make sure to look in the local newspaper! Thank you, you have been very helpful =)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00