Hypnosis

I'm not exactly sure what im asking here. Maybe im thinking out loud?

I'm wondering if being hypnotised can help at all with PTSD,

Maybe being hypnotised to forget about the past 'issue' ? Or maybe some other way to help get rid of the images/flashbacks.

Maybe so I can 'forget' that I self harm?
Forget I was abused?
To feel emotions like a normal person?

I dunno, I'm interested in what others think about this sort of thing.

I'm not exactly sure what im asking here. Maybe im thinking out loud?
That's ok
I'm wondering if being hypnotised can help at all with PTSD
I'm not sure what evidence there is that hypnosis can help with PTSD, but if you feel like you'd like to try it, it might be worthwhile. A lot depends on the cost. You might prefer to see a female hypnotist.
Or maybe some other way to help get rid of the images/flashbacks
EMDR is the only form of therapy that I know of that is commonly used to treat PTSD. I'm not sure of how effective it is.

Other members have mentioned that the anti-depressant mirtazipine has worked well in treating flashbacks.

There's still debate about research methodology with acupuncture, but the US National Institutes of Health acknowledges "evidence of potential positive effect" in treating PTSD
https://www.suicideforum.com/commun...-map-of-acupuncture-for-mental-health.155350/
Massachusetts is considering legislation allowing acupuncture treatments for PTSD to be covered by insurance.

Chinese herbal medicine might be worth a try too, but I don't have any research info on how well it works with PTSD.

I hope something can help

Hi may, thank you for replying.
I never gave the cost a thought but now I realise I can't do that, it's not an option.
I need to speak to my doctor on Tuesday to get my meds changed so I will ask about that.
I will look up Chinese herbal as I don't know anything at all about it.

Hi may, thank you for replying
You're welcome!
I will look up Chinese herbal as I don't know anything at all about it
Usually places that practice acupuncture will often also offer Chinese herbal medicine. If you want low cost treatments, probably community clinics or teaching clinics would be the best option.
Here's a link to some resources in the UK. Most (but not all) teaching clinics in the UK are in London.
https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/sleepless.147506/#post-1683305

I hope something can help

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I would think the front line place to ask would be to ask a place that does hypnotist treatment. Some places are doing self help treatment and others are doing different things - just look around. I think it's quite pricey but you could sure ask

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00