Hypnotherapy....

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by jjjoooggg2, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Ok so here's the question:

I went to the last psychotherapist of five only to get more advice on how to leave my parents with the least problems. The first four therapists have already given me the okay to leave very soon. I have now got alot of advice on how to proceed and do feel ready.

But my last therapist asked me how I'd feel about hypnotherapy. I said that I didn't feel comfortable. On our second meeting she skipped the question and told me that we'd try hypnotherapy without my permission. On our third meeting, we did a precursory hypnotherapy session. Now, she wants to do hypnotherapy on the next session and she never made a good argument why I need to do this. I've already told her that I came for advice. I have many questions and she never fulfilled my initial question on advice. She keeps giving me tests and wants to know everything about my past. And it seems that we won't be doing any more psychotherapy except hypnotherapy.

I feel like canceling my next appointment?

Has anyone had hypnotherapy and can give more info about this?

I don't feel threatened by her. But it is alot to ask to let a stranger on the 4th visit to do hypnotherapy when I don't see a reason to do so. I have never complained about anything that would lead her to believe that I need hypnotherapy.

I've heard stories of people walking out on their therapists. At least I'm probably going to cancel an appt. well in advance. And of course her secretary will ask why I'm not going anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have heard hynotherapy can be helpful i was thinking my daughter my benefit from it i don't know really but it has been used to help change negative thoughts to positive thinking If you are not comfortable with this type of therapy just tell her no way and state it clearly you don't want to do it.

3. jjjoooggg2

From what I've read is that hypnotherapy is usually while one is conscious. But the precursory session detailed the safety boundaries of the sleep command. She outlined that the sleep command could not be active while I'm driving a car or dangerous situation. I don't feel comfortable with someone feeding me thoughts while I'm asleep unless I know that I'm there for a specific reason.

4. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

If you do it, I would love to hear your results....I've thought about this too.

5. jjjoooggg2

I'm 90% sure I'm not goin to see her anymore.

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

first of all she's forcing you to do soemthing you didn't want to do...sounds like she has an agenda and that doesn't involve your good health...I would cancel my appointment...

as for hypnotherapy, to work you have to be willing because she can't do anything against your will....so its counterproductive to do something against your will...

7. jjjoooggg2

I did cancel the appt.