hypocrsy in society with regards to gays/homosexuality.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by OutCaste, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

anyone else notice that people/politicians who usually advocate homosexuality on others are also the ones who quite often crack jokes on it and would probably go amok if one of their one loved ones were homosexual. these people are probably full of hate for homosexuals themselves.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I don't think we can say whether people like that have hate for homosexuals. An open mind is best.
  3. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

without wishing to label all politicians, they need to represent their party as best they can whilst retaining as mystic eyes said an open mind in order to stay in touch with all sectors of the community. I like this, It means that leaders are bridging gaps.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

think you'd find that with a lot of politically correct peoples who think that if they go on and on about that they are so "open" and "accepting" to peoples who aren't straight or they have lots of "cool friends who are gender ambiguous and gay" they use this as fashion accessories to make them seem sooooo open and tolerant and...i could go on about this forever. they are full of shit. don't worry. i know. they probably are the most vicious of them all...because they use language so well to their advantage and try to fool lots of people, or they try and appeal to a certain segment of the (privileged) gay/lesbian world out there...
  5. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

they should tell the truth thats all.
  6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Some are and some aren't. The world is more complex than you seem to think it is.

Fact is it's not "cool" to be a bigot anymore (although there are some forms of bigotry the public is still blind to). And everybody wants to be cool. Right? Back in the days when bigotry was cool, the real haters came out of the woodwork because (obviously) it was fine to be bigoted fool and it was even accepted and encouraged. The real haters made themselves known and the people who didn't think it was so cool just kept quiet (because it was often dangerous to even say anything).

Now, real haters pretend to be tolerant because it's simply easier to get by in the world by being agreeable. Smart people don't fight things they can't change.

But that doesn't mean that everybody who says he/she (it often seems to be a he though, curiously) isn't a bigot actually is.
  7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It's usually the people who are uncomfortable with their own sexuality that prey on homosexuals.
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Hiya, that post was done in slight jest. I was generally having a good time messing around on this forum. That word cool was meant for someone who's reading my posts...

It might not be 'cool' to be a bigot anymore, but it is very cool to not look within oneself and look at deeper issues about one's personal identity and how a person lives with others. When someone points out these people's inconsistencies and vile hatred they'd of course deny it because, of course, they aren't the BNP, the Right or whatever...and this is where the 'real haters' always lie don't they?

I'm interested in forms of hatred/prejudice that most people are blind to, don't want to look at, don't want to see because it's all very normal. I'm talking about things that are a lot more complex than how you've reacted to my post. I, of course, appreciate all subtleties in people's patronisation- (I could point out your post as a good example, but I don't know, maybe you were having a joke too). Don't worry, I've grown up with it all my life.

To be clear, I don't like the word 'tolerance.' Tolerance is just another way of saying, "I can just about get along with you but only if you do what I say."

Thanks for your response anyway. I found it interesting. You loved my word 'cool' didn't ya? :biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  9. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

but notice how the real haters wil always fuck over others and enforce their opinions on them...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.