I’m not sure if I’m in the right place

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
sorry might be tmi
Hey all,
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place tbh. But I need to get my anxiety off of my chest.

So yesterday I went for a blood test because strangely I’ve not had a period at all this year! I’ve done multiple pregnancy tests. Which have all come back negative. This is the 3rd time this has happened in the space of, id say, 18 months. Obviously it’s cause for concern.

I do have a health condition called Fibromyalgia, which I thought maybe had something to do with it, but I’m not sure how much it plays a part in it.

Anyway, so I went for my blood test yesterday, scared to death, as I don’t like needles one little bit, but I did better than the last time, where I had a panic attack 🤦‍♀️

So today, I had a call fr the doctors telling me that the doctor would like to talk to me, however they’re going to make me procrastinate over the weekend and come and talk to me on MONDAY!! I know that possibly means that it’s not bad bad news but obviously something isn’t right and now I’m absolutely shitting myself! I don’t know what to expect and now my anxiety is through the roof and stopping me from sleeping! Wtf should I do? I mean I know there’s nothing I really can do, but I’m just so worried/nervous/anxious about it, it’s making me feel sick!

Sorry for rambling and Thankyou for reading

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, I get how stressful it is, especially the waiting part. It's necessary to acknowledge that it's totally normal to be anxious about it and worry about it, but Monday will come at some point so maybe spend some time planning out the weekend and what you're gonna do to stay occupied and pass it.

If it makes you feel any better, they did the blood tests looking for something in particular and whether they found something or not, I think they'd want to talk to you anyway. It wasn't a random test, they know something isn't right anyways because you've been feeling so poorly so something was gonna show, and even something tiny would need to be discussed. The chances of it being something life threatening are super slim as well, but whatever happens, we're here, your family are there - you got this innit.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey Laur, like Lux said, even if they caught something miniscule in those tests results, results would need to be given to you. As I'm sure you're aware many things can cause missed periods from stress to diet. I understand you are worried hun and I wish I could give you a hug but please try your best to relax for the weekend.

Whatever you do, don't call Dr.Google... *hug That will worry you more than you already are and we don't want that *hug

We are here for you, Laur! 💓💦💦

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
Hey, I get how stressful it is, especially the waiting part. It's necessary to acknowledge that it's totally normal to be anxious about it and worry about it, but Monday will come at some point so maybe spend some time planning out the weekend and what you're gonna do to stay occupied and pass it.

If it makes you feel any better, they did the blood tests looking for something in particular and whether they found something or not, I think they'd want to talk to you anyway. It wasn't a random test, they know something isn't right anyways because you've been feeling so poorly so something was gonna show, and even something tiny would need to be discussed. The chances of it being something life threatening are super slim as well, but whatever happens, we're here, your family are there - you got this innit.
Thanks lux! That’s super helpful and a great idea! This morning I did abit of diamond painting, then showered, used my amazing new hot air brush and took Pippa to the vets, however, that has now added more stress as she needs a heart scan :(

Once dan has finished watching this episode of prison break he’s gonna shower and we’re gonna pop out for an afternoon walk. For dinner is gonna be burger 🍔

I really appreciate what you wrote ♥️ Thankyou

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
Hopefully all will be as well as possible for you and not too bad. I have had such on test being diabetic, typically for me and hopefully for you also, not as bad as you may work yourself into.
Thanks @KM76710 they had about 10 things to test. Things like pregnancy, insulin levels (I think) or whatever it is, thyroid, full blood count and various other things. I know they’re looking at me possibly having PCOS so I know there’s a real possibility I have it

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
Hey Laur, like Lux said, even if they caught something miniscule in those tests results, results would need to be given to you. As I'm sure you're aware many things can cause missed periods from stress to diet. I understand you are worried hun and I wish I could give you a hug but please try your best to relax for the weekend.

Whatever you do, don't call Dr.Google... *hug That will worry you more than you already are and we don't want that *hug

We are here for you, Laur! 💓💦💦
Aww *hug thanks @Champagne that’s really kind of you to say. I definitely haven’t gone to Dr.Google as quite often in the past I’ve made myself more anxious. I do think I have a real possibility of PCOS, which I know can be treated so hopefully it’s just that. My mum has an under active thyroid, and I know how much she struggles, I don’t know if it’s hereditary or not but they tested for that too so I have a small feelings it’s one of those things or both :( on top of my fibromyalgia too. It sucks. I just want to know already so I can start processing whatever is wrong. Weirdly for our doctors, they never ring you if there’s nothing wrong from blood results. You’ve gotta ring them. But I had my blood test then the following day I got a call saying the doctor wanted to talk to me. I’ve never had that from a blood test as nothing has ever come from having one before.

But I’ve kept myself busy until now, just waiting for dan to shower so we can go for an afternoon walk! I wanna get my steps up so bad

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
*hug I hope you are enjoying your weekend hun and are having an easy, nice rest tonight. Try not to worry (I know, so easy for me to say?) but try not to work yourself up too much, put on some relaxing music if anxious, have some nice food and watch a movie if you're finding it hard to sleep. Or ring the samaritans if feeling nervous or distressed and of course you know we are here too.

I find normally on SF, people try to find distractions for lengthy periods of time but you will have your hopefully pleasant news on Monday that nothing serious is wrong, keep distracting yourself, write out your thoughts, the good ones and place them under your pillow or if you feel you need to write out the negative ones, after writing them throw them away.

Your SF family is here for you. 💌🌹❤💦

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
*hug I hope you are enjoying your weekend hun and are having an easy, nice rest tonight. Try not to worry (I know, so easy for me to say?) but try not to work yourself up too much, put on some relaxing music if anxious, have some nice food and watch a movie if you're finding it hard to sleep. Or ring the samaritans if feeling nervous or distressed and of course you know we are here too.

I find normally on SF, people try to find distractions for lengthy periods of time but you will have your hopefully pleasant news on Monday that nothing serious is wrong, keep distracting yourself, write out your thoughts, the good ones and place them under your pillow or if you feel you need to write out the negative ones, after writing them throw them away.

Your SF family is here for you. 💌🌹❤💦
Thanks @Champagne you’re truly a wonderful person, you know that?! We managed to get to bed around midnight and according to my Fitbit tracker I was apparently asleep 12m after I turned it on, so that’s good I suppose. I’ve tried keeping myself busy today but it’s not been too bad and haven’t really thought too much about it. There’s been a car crash outside my block of flats which has been distracting. Thankfully no one has been hurt and the person who caused the accident has seemed to have done a runner 🤦‍♀️ It’s been there for around 1hr 30m

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Funnily enough, I, a guy, feel like I have something to contribute on this topic :P I knew a girl once who didnt have a period for a LONG time, and then started having them at irregular intervals, sometimes more than 1 a month, it was down to stress and anxiety in the end, it really screws up your body, as for the doctor appointment, I never get my details over the phone after a test, I always have to make sure to book an appointment to hear them (they are supposed to do that, but IDK, doctors hate me or something). For all you know it could be a "We didnt find anything but we arent giving up".

Just dont stress out too much until you actually know what they want to talk to you about. *hug

On a strange partially related note, she found harsh exercise leading up to them seemed to work to lessen the pain of, and help with regularity of her periods.

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
Funnily enough, I, a guy, feel like I have something to contribute on this topic :P I knew a girl once who didnt have a period for a LONG time, and then started having them at irregular intervals, sometimes more than 1 a month, it was down to stress and anxiety in the end, it really screws up your body, as for the doctor appointment, I never get my details over the phone after a test, I always have to make sure to book an appointment to hear them (they are supposed to do that, but IDK, doctors hate me or something). For all you know it could be a "We didnt find anything but we arent giving up".

Just dont stress out too much until you actually know what they want to talk to you about. *hug

On a strange partially related note, she found harsh exercise leading up to them seemed to work to lessen the pain of, and help with regularity of her periods.
That’s interesting to know dante! I did know about the stress thing, but didn’t know about anxiety causing it. I generally think this is all to do with something not good. I’ve had weight gain over the last year that’s been excessive. So I’m now the heaviest I’ve ever been and I think that’s affected it. But I have other symptoms pointing to pcos that I’m not going to share on here coz it’s absolutely embarrassing. I will keep that in mind about the anxiety and stress thing! Thanks for your input :)

Dinolaur

Staff Alumni
Just a little update:

so it really was nothing serious. I wish they’d state that when they tell you on the phone. I’ve literally got borderline high liver enzymes but after getting off the phone she talking to my mum and dans mum, we’ve come to the conclusion that, that could be due to cocodamol. Anyway, nothing to do with my period though. I guess I’ll have to wait for my scan for that. Getting very frustrated with all of this

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Just a little update:

so it really was nothing serious. I wish they’d state that when they tell you on the phone. I’ve literally got borderline high liver enzymes but after getting off the phone she talking to my mum and dans mum, we’ve come to the conclusion that, that could be due to cocodamol. Anyway, nothing to do with my period though. I guess I’ll have to wait for my scan for that. Getting very frustrated with all of this
Could still be just anxiety and stress then...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00