I actually cried today when my Xbox 360 died. lol

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ToHelp, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Sure, I'm sending it back. And yes I went through all the rigmarole of calling Microsoft and setting things up so that it's fixed free of charge (it was the RROD).

But goddamnit man. :mad: I been playing the son-bitch daily for nine months and now I have to go back to.... last generation stuff I have.

I put up a fine front for several hours but after confirming the thing was truly belly-up I found myself just silently weeping.

LOL, imagine the picture -- a 44 year-old crying like a little child because his game died. I know, I know.

So, why am I sharing this with you all? Just to show--I'm susceptible like I tried to explain in another thread. When things you really enjoy just END for no good reason, it reminds you of the fundamental uncertainty of life.

When i cried, it wasn't just because of the Xbox of course. That was only a catalyst--what you people call "a trigger." I told you that I mourn my life and made an appeal for support but I guess nobody saw it.

It didn't stop me from continuing to asnwer others' calls for help, because I'm not here on a quid pro quo mentality.

But God I feel so low about that thing giving up the ghost. Will set me back probably two weeks.

ToHelp

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sorry i missed your other post.

it's as you say... minor setbacks now have the potential to remind us of all our past losses, and you've had more than most.

sending you a big hug... and wishing a speedy recovery for both your xbox and your spirit...

catherine

3. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Damn that would suck if you're really into a particular game at the time. A virtual world like that can really help us forget about the real world for a little while. Plus the frustration of some device just failing on you. Ack. I understand.

4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: the video really does take us away from are world to another, how long is it gonna tak to get it back :hug:

5. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I don't think any less of you, I know exactly how this shit works. No matter how old and experienced you are with your emotions, if things line up right a stubbed toe can cause an emotional cascade.

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Aww man thx--Danni your hugs fill a very deep void.

For any of you gamers (and I know you're out there), I was immersed in PGR4. Just loving the thing. Ate it up. Day after day. As my depression lifted, it become more and more a source of joy; it brought happiness.

Meanwhile, I've fallen back on my PS2 & Xbox (1). Heh. After months of refined play and hi-def, they're poor substitutes, lemme tell ya!

Danni, from my reading it could be two weeks up to near mid MAY before I get it back.

It just wasn't "supposed" to happen, that's all. I took every protection - never had it on Live (for whatever that's worth), was always mindful of how long it was on so that it wouldn't overheat.

ToHelp

7. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Project gotham racing is sure cool

I love video games for the simple fact that they help me escape this shitty life I'm leading
    I have been a gamer since I was 4 with my atari and Snes :(

the 360 would be perfect if only it didn't have the red ring of death problem ...
    anyway if you have a decent PC you can also enjoy Hi-Def games :)

8. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Oh.... I tell you man. This one hit me hard. :laugh:

I try and try to "substitute" last-gen gaming but holy hell, how easily our eyes become accustomed to the new. :sad:

Anyways, thx Sylar. :thumbup:

9. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Ive done that before, it seems like when your depressed even the smallest thing changing can set you off. I remember going nuts when my PS2 died, I yelled, and broke stuff and cried forever.

10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Who's Your Daddy, Now?

:inv::inv::inv::inv:
    :inv::inv::inv:
    :inv::inv:
    :inv:​

A mere 3 days ago I was down and out; today stand...

i stand victorious.

I... I REIGN over my circumstances, having never traded in either previous system.

Soooo: Hooked PSTwo & GT4 on my hi-def TV.

*scream!!!*

Oh, MyGod how fugly. Progressive scan my ass. May be but the aliasing on that motherfucker (sorry ladies) was... GAH.

Fine, said i, and hooked up the monolith, knowing it (Xbox) had superious graphics. And....!!

Sweetness, baby Jesus is chortling once again!

I have Racer Driver 3 (last of the TOCA series; aka Pro Race Driver 3, aka whatever ok), and it's none too shabby. Not at all.

The Xbox was advanced anyway, automatically recognizing the widescreen. I went in the settings and tweaked just a bit and bam, perfect proportions, fills the screen perfectly, everything.

So now I have a game I always loved anyway and never finished. I have PGR3, another I always loved and never finished. I have..... well, you remember how it was; they were turning out triple-A titles faster than you could buy them towards the end.

And ToHelp is

HAPPY

once again.

Though as soon as my 360 comes back.... *snickers*

11. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Get a Wii. Be Happy. :tongue:

12. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

I don't think any worse of you. As you said, it was not the Xbox itself that made you cry, but was just a minor incident in a much bigger mess.

I have done similar things before, because when everything goes sour, it just feels like there is no hope. It is the world against you. At least, that has been my case. And sorry that people have not been more suportive for you here. I know that I am horrible at that -_- But, I do feel for you and wish you luck in trying to live a better, happier life.

13. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hey thanks. It's disillusioning is all, in a SEA of uncertainty (my life).. Do you understand?

You may try and you try in life. No matter, shit still happens.

Anyway, if you read above I'm "okay" with it now--but I'm taking the stimulus rebate and buying another 360, even while this one's in the shop.

Why? So that I'll always have a back-up at the ready when it happens again--the old models were designed poorly. (You read on other forums of people who are on their third and fourth repairs now. I can't handle that. lol)

Thanks Worm :hug:

14. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

I think as much as people try to deny it , money solves all problems and is the source of all happiness
    if you were rich you'd buy another two 360s and be happy
    myself I'm using a crappy machine and have no consoles at all !
    my PC is a P4 2.8 Ghz , 512 Mo RAM DDR and a 6200 GT 256 Mo
    its utter crap
    and now I'm trying real hard to get a Core 2 Quad but I wont be having it anytime soon
    my parents are in debts and can only pay for food and such !
    we were rich and I was happy ! now I'd Blow up the whole world if I had nuclear missiles !!
    I can't play any new game and even if I do it's a lagging hell !! Unplayable !
    motherfucker !! :mad: ( sorry )

15. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

lol......i had a minor mental break down when my xbox died...wasn't eating...wasn't sleeping too well....didn't wanna get up in the morning....ended up that i actually had to.. *gulp* ..talk to people.... but! it only took 2 and a half weeks and i had 360 goodness yet again!! don't give up hope ToHelp!!

16. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I can see myself crying over something like that... no big deal. :hug: :hug: :hug:

17. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Damn. lol It's ok man, let it all out. ;)

I also have a malfunctioning keyboard that just turned off my MSN TV 2. i lost a whole post. lol

The essence of it was I think some of the happiest ppl in the world are those that have never known "middle class" amenities and materialism.

You can't covet what you don't even know exists.

The challenge of being on the poor side in a society that is groomed daily by advertisements and a "more, more, MORE, gimme 4 dual core!" culture is resisting the drug of "want."

Heh but right you are Sylar: In a society driven by pursuit of material wealth, poverty indeed sucketh the big hairy one.

.... speaking of which, I'd better post this before my k-board acts possessed again.

ToHelp

18. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

19. theresaway

theresaway Member

get a ps3 and you wont cry anymore:wink:

20. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

so not true!! this would push anyone over the edge, dont get one!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.