i all suicidal people want is a partner a lover a friend ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lapazyelamor, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

life is full of bullshit but in the end its all about relationships and being loved which prevents lonliness and builds self esteem...this site should have more of a dating aspect to it ..people should post thier intentions and photos and state whether thry are looking for a relationship..as i suppose a lot of people here are single but not all...obviously 2 wrongs dont always make a right but sometimes they do and i know for me my depression is related to my lack of a proper social life as well as growing up the hard way but sometimes people need to shake things up drastically to make a change ...just a thought

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

sf is not and never will be a dating site. it is a support site for people who are feeling suicidal etc. there are plenty of dating sites on the internet. if thats what you want then there are plenty out there. this isnt one of them.

our main priority is to create and maintain a supportive and safe place for members to come.

3. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I think that being on this site, is an indication that most of us have are hands full of problems. And seeking a relationship would be compounding that problem. Of course, in the short term, a relationship could be a great remedy. But if the relationship doesn't work out, the outcome is worse. I guess, you have to weigh the pluses and the risk. I don't think most of us are ready for a relationship. Maybe, a friendship.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I can see it now:

"I have blue eyes, dark hair. I love long walks on the beach and holding hands. I am a Capricorn and am planning on ending it all in the spring. Just looking for love."

5. lapazyelamor

well a relationship is a friendship and i think everyone needs a relationship thats what lifes about

6. lapazyelamor

yeah funny you @#$% how about I have blue eyes, dark hair. I love long walks on the beach and holding hands. I am a Capricorn am depressed seeking someone similar, no one want to end it all in the spring they just want to be connected

7. Mikeintx

:hug:

8. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

Openly, no, but many people use it for just this purpose, and its not like everyone doesnt know that. I mean, whether or not anyone has an issue with it is a matter of opinion, but why we constantly pretend like an absolute ton of people dont date people theyve met on this site, and sometimes multiple people theyve met on this site, is beyond me. We cant chastise people for expressing an interest in making this practice more open when it happens in an unofficial manner as much as it does, so lets not act like its somehow wrong to want to be open with it. We all either accept that people date people theyve met on this site (despite all the dreadfully obvious reasons why using a site like this to meet potential mates is an awful idea), or tolerate it for whatever reason, so lets not start taking the perceived high road on the subject, and act as though its wrong.

Mike, I think you and I were meant for each other. Hold me?

9. Mikeintx

:hug:

10. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I think love might especially flourish among those who are planning to die soon. Too many relationships end badly because the participants went in foolishly expecting it to last for years and years. But if you can find someone to cherish and be with on the scale of a month or so, coincident with the end of your lives... I can see the bond being much stronger and more meaningful that way.

Just a thought.

11. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

you are quite right that in several cases relationships have developed. however, i do not know of anyone that uses it for that purpose and if anyone were simply using sf for that purpose it would be stopped. there's nobody 'taking the high road'. it is a simple statement of fact that this is not a dating site and any such advertisements or usage of the site soley for this purpose will be stopped. this is not to be difficult or to make anyone's life difficult. as im sure you can understand, it is to protect our members and with the vast number of predators found on the internet these days it is certainly not what sf would want to encourage in a place where there are many vulnerable people.

12. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I think alot of people on Sf are vulnerable and if you fall for someone on Sf and it doesnt work out, then it might stop you from coming onto the site again and the failing relationship might trigger and even worse state of mind.

13. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Sf is NOT and never will be a dating site! In fact members who have used it for this purpose have been banned. We have many young members & most if not all our members are vulnerable. Our aim is to protect our members.
    Having said that I know we have members who met here and have ongoing relationships and that is their personal choice and right. However we will not allow Sf to be used as a dating site.
    I am now closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.