I Almost Gave Up Last Night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I dont want to go into details, suffice it to say, I posted a single word on my facebook page, goodbye.

I then sent a text to the members of the praise band I am in, telling them i was going away.

And then i was just going to get in my car and drive it til in ran out of gas. And whatever area I ended up, was where I was going to end up. Walk out to the nearest woods and wait for the end.

that was my plan.

Things came to a head last night....(that's the part I dont want to get into). but it's scary when depression tells you that suicide is the only way out of trouble one can get themselves into.

I hate myself today...but I am still alive.
  2. cashing_out

cashing_out Well-Known Member

Glad your still alive. Just like all of us here. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. We have our peaks and valleys. I am thankfull I found this site. Sometimes it just helps putting things into words. Anyhow, for what its worth, thanks for sticking around, some folks here, including myself may need some words of wisdom from you at some point. Time to find a peak......
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

i hope your friends are there for you, and I am glad you are still alive. I know it must have been really bad to be at that point, but I hope it gets better.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yes it is scary when the brain takes over all reasoning when depression sucks the life right out of ones will to survive i know and i am glad you fought thru those feeling and are still here with us. i hope next time you can just call someone to help you okay come on line and just talk to someone
    get a hold of your doc okay let know how you are maybe change some meds to help you take care okay stay safe
  5. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Hey Bill,
    Glad to see that you are still alive.
    I do know the feeling of wanting to end your life as I think about it all the time.
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're still alive, too.
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I'm glad that you made it Bill and I love your picture of Jack Nicholson from the Shining. :hug:
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Glad you're still alive! :hug:
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks guys. That means a lot.
  10. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

I applaud your courage for staying here!!!! Please tell us whats bothering you. It will help and also help us help you. I am praying for you. I hop eyou do too. I pray that you never feel that despair again!!!!

Write me if you like,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.