i am a born again evangelical christian

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Godlovesyou, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

i would like to present myself. My name is Angelo. I am swiss/italian, and live over ten years in Brazil. I am a born again evangelical christian. I am disposed to listen to you, if you need someone , to tell the problem, you are going through, and to talk with you, specially if you seek councelling and help, need a message of hope and love, and maiby also would like to know better my faith. Maiby right now, you feel hopelessness and worthlessness. Maiby you are goint through serious financial problems. Maiby you lost your job, have gone through a separation, or a very serious health problem, or death in the family. My wifes brother has died 21th of january, three month ago, of leucemia. He was 28 years old, and his name was Jardo Junior. He was very beloved by all family members, and you cannot imagine, what specially his mother, and my wife, have gone through , since then. But you know what ? They have seeked and found confort in their relationship with God, and it has helped a lot!! Also , Jardo accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and saviour, only a few weeks, before he died. It has really helped the family, to know, that he is heaven now, at a better place, then this earth. He suffered for over 2 years, it was not easy !! He tried desperately to get healed, but cancer was stronger than he was.

Jesus Christ sayd :

11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 11:29 Take my yoke52 on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 11:30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.”

According to studies, 75 percent of all those who commit suicide indicate their deep despair beforehand. Maiby you came to this forum, just because of that.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, suicide is the ninth leading cause of death in the US (more than 30,000 a year)well above homicide (at about 20,000 a year)

I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here. This is a personal decision. I confess, that i made a attempt of suicide as well. I was a young fellow, and went through a severe depression, and had other reasons as well, mainly a feeling of worthlessness. It would be a too long story, to go into all details right now, and what motivated me to such a desperate step. What i can say, however, is, that God did not aloud that i would succeed with the intent to harm myself, and i thank God for that. My life has since then only got better, and now i have a very blessed and happy life, in every way. I have intimacy with my creator, a great wife, a successfull business, a meaningful life and happyness. I believe strongly, that God has a plan for everyone of us, for you too. Maiby today can be the moment of a significant change in your life.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Angelo! I am not a believer, but many here are. In any event, there are many issues that arise for which any type of help is welcome. I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of your wife's brother, especially at such a young age.

I'm sure you can help people here and receive help when needed. Hope to see you around the forum.
  3. Ants

Ants Well-Known Member

I searched and searched for God and Christ. Church after Church and many roadside chappels when I was an over the road truck driver. I met man who was able to recite the Bible in the way I knew it. He said he only spoke where the Bible spoke and was silent where the Bible was sileny. We studied toghther a lot... well he taught me, and never taught me anythying he could not back up with at least two verses in the Bible. I do believe he was one of God's warriors.
    Then my wife left me. The Bible doen't leave much room that I know of for divorce. I could not live a lie and say I was going to remain celibate so I left the Church. I will not be a hypocrite in the eyes of God.
    If you can show me, using the NEW Testiment where I can get this divorce I'll be happy to listen. The New Testiment is the fulfilment of the Bible and all before it is for learning. I do believe that's what it says. I will not argue the Bible with you or anyone else. It says what it says and means what it means. The first time you or anyone else says something like "I think" or "What that means is" you are putting yourself between the Bible and God. That doesn't work for me.
    Good luck in your mission. Jesus Christ has saved and forgiven millions of people, and the only seemingly unforgivable sin is divorce... unless you remain celibate, so there I am....
  4. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

hi Ants

i am glad you expressed your doubts.The bible gives two allowance for divorce:

1. sexual immorality

Matthew 5:32

32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

2. abandonment by an unbeliever

1 Corinthians 7:15

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

Some understand this versicle as a “exception,” allowing remarriage if an unbelieving spouse divorces a believer. However, the context does not mention remarriage, but only says a believer is not bound to continue a marriage if an unbelieving spouse wants to leave.

God hates divorce , but God is also merciful and forgiving. Each and every divorce is a result of sin, either on the part of one spouse or both. Does God forgive divorce? Absolutely! Divorce is no less forgivable than any other sin. Forgiveness of all sins is available through faith in Jesus Christ
    If God forgives the sin of divorce, does that mean you are free to remarry?
    Not necessarily. God sometimes calls people to remain single.Being single should not be looked at as a curse or punishment, but rather as an opportunity to serve God more wholeheartedly.God’s Word does tell us, though, that it is better to marry than to burn with passion :

1 Corinthians 7:9

9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Perhaps this sometimes applies to remarriage after a divorce. What God certainly does not want, is, that you stay far from him, and from the church.
    pray to God for wisdom in regards to what He would have you do . Pray with an open mind, and genuinely ask the Lord to place His desires on your heart . Seek the Lord’s will and follow His leading.
  5. History

History Well-Known Member

Pls help me to thank GOd for making my life a living hell
  6. aimless

aimless Member

You say you're not here to convert, but the thread title itself says you're "evangelical". I don't believe you.

Also I'm gay.
  7. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but I have always wanted to ask this to someone like the topic starter.

How does the church view the theory of evolution, in that we all came from organisms , which over millions of years mutated into small animals and eventually humans.

I wonder how they view the fact that they say life was created in 7 days when infact it took millions and millions of years. How do they talk themselves out of that one.
  8. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Come back to me when you can tell me who/what made god, then I might listen.
  9. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

Looks like I not alone in my views, I agree TheWr0ngChild, well put.
  10. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I feel more sorry for born again christians than those that are born into it, as they have already had a period of their lives when can quite clearly see and experience that there is no god and that organised religion is the root of all evil.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

ps. Just found out my pig has human flu :blink:
  11. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

Again very well put grahamd.

Not sure how the mods will view a thread like this as religion always will provoke differing views. However I dont go around posting Dawins Theory Of Evolution by means of Natural Selection all over the place, so why do folks like this feel they have to copy from some book that a dude once wrote.

Oh well, i guess you can see which side of the fence i sit, just wish they would stop posting stuff that cleary has no evidence, just my opinion.
  12. aimless

aimless Member

What pisses me off the most about the god squad is that they have such a simplistic answer to everything. Just convert and you'll be saved, making daisy chains and living a blessed life. What a fuckin load of BS. If they want to live in that delusion, fine, but don't expect me too.

This of course is quite apart from the way churches demonise and judge people like me simply because of who I am.
  13. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

My dad too died recently and he was terminally ill for two years, although my dads expiration date was definite, that is, we knew he was going to die from this disease as there was, and is no cure for it.

My suicidal feelings started soon after I started questioning my beleif in God, and Jesus. It was instictual feelings that both caused be to disbeleif, and feel suicidal. The thing is I don't know if I don't beleive in God because I've become an adult over the past two years and I think a lot more about everything, and am not as "goofy" as I was, that is I've grown up. Or I could not be beleiving in God because of the traumatic experiences I've endured over the past few years, or it could be a combination of both.

Beleif in God, and honor is the only thing that kept me from being suicidal. But even if God exists I would have absolute rage against him for creating us, and thus creating our suffering. I would be mad for giving some people an IQ of 60 while others one with 140+, for making some die at a young age, for allowing the holocaust.

Why the hell do I deserve to live? And should I not kill myself? The only way I could see myself living is if there is no God and that I could kill everyone in the world with a nuclear bomb so all suffering would end. Because theres more suffering then there is in the world then there is pleasure, doesn't it make sense to do the greatest good for the greatest number?

But people are selfish, those with the greatest pleasure would continue to manipulate those with the greatest suffering and the quality of life will remain unequal, and unbearable for the majority.

There is suffering in this world because people are selfish, we are responsible for all the maladies, and pain that has been afflicted upon ourselves.

Probably the largest reason I'm suicidal is because as an adult I have never know a good person. Someone that sticks to their values no matter what. Not a perfect person, but a damn good one. I have no role model, I know lots of good people, but no one that acts good during hard times. Some hard times are easy for others, and because everyone reacts differently to situations I find that when someone seems good in one aspect in life they are equally bad in another.

Is it possible there is a such thing as saints? I mean is it possible to become selfless? Not for heaven, just to purely save others?

With my experience, it jsut can't be possible.
  14. Ants

Ants Well-Known Member

Hey Bud. Where do you find in the Bible that you can come to a place like this. Where people are obviously hurting, and just say it will be OK and run away. It is Christians like you that give Christianity a bad name. If you believe you have a soultion to offer people offer it, but this false hope crap is the reason so many people are confused!
    I BELIEVE! But that ain't enough. I was taught by a man I believe was touched by God, he could quote the Bible and back up those verses with other verses. He called it rightly dividing the Bible. NEVER did he ever say "I think" or "some interpret" or any such third person B***S***! The Bible is very clear. Either stay here and perhaps save some souls, or apologize to the people who put a some trust in you and go away. I am a lost soul, that I do know, but there are many who might benefit from the teachings of the Bible WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION.
  15. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

have a read at this homepage :

16. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

Nobody made God. God is eternal. He had no beginning, and has no end. He lives above our dimension of space and time. We know through science, that the universe had a beginning. Before this beginning, no time existed.

If God Created Everything, Who Created God?

17. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

whe a lie is repeated many many times, it does not become more truthful. With evolution of Science, the evolution theory gets more and more discredited.

18. Godlovesyou

Godlovesyou Member

Why God Allows Suffering

19. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

What are the chances that your religion is right?

It is not the first, nor the most logical.

How do you know that the ancient Aztecs didn't have the right idea?

You don't. And if you say you do you are lying.

Though I suppose I understand your need to have answers to questions we don't yet know the real answer to.

However if there was a Christian god that make life have absolutely no meaning, so...
  20. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

IF there was a god(which to me there isn't) why would there be such hatred, violence, disasters, etc in this world? You can't say all those people are nonbelievers. You can't say God wanted to punish us etc. because we didn't believe. We were not created by God, we were created from Apes. Look at our mentalities when we get into groups and/or riot like situations. We turn into psychotic apes.

The world would not be in such a destructive state if there was an all being because if there was he could end it all. He could sit there and say, no more hunger, no more plight, no more turmoil, no more hate. AND BAM WALLAH we're all better. No more swine flu, no more nothing. JUST PEACE. But since god doesn't exist and your petty answers of just join our CULT don't suffice.....then I guess we're all doomed and all shit out of luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.