I am about to lose everything, and I am so scared

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by startfromzero, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. startfromzero

startfromzero New Member

I left my husband and moved to China hoping to find a better living. He cannot keep a job and has a gambling problem. I don't know he has really overcome it but for sure he has no money to gamble right now. I have paid off a lot of his debts.

And I did something wrong in China. I fell in love with him. We both knew we have no future because he is very devoted to his kids. He is about to return to his home country in Europe next year.

Now my husband wants a divorce because he suspects I have an affair. I have no job in China, he will leave soon, and my family is in another country. I really don't know what to do.

I thought of jumping off from 20th floor, but when I think of my mother, dad and sister, I don't want to put them through this. But I don't know what to do. Me and him were crying last night. Why is life so difficult? Why wouldn't anyone give me a chance? I just want a job, a husband who's caring and responsible. Why wouldn't God listen to my prayer?!

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi, and welcome. sounds like you are feeling very desperate right now. please don't think of suicide as your only option. you can start anew any time, either in china or back home. it sounds like being with your husband was very difficult. do you think you will go ahead with the divorce? as for the man you are seeing in china, you say he has kids but does he also have a wife? i think if that is the case then you know that the relationship must end. if he cheated with his wife to be with you, the sad reality is that he will most likely cheat on you, too. if he is not married, then i'm sorry i misunderstood.

i think the best thing might be to find someone to talk to, do you have a good friend that you can confide in ? are you close wtih your parents? could you call on them for some support at this time?

please remember that you have other options. suicide is not the only answer, here. yes, you are heartbroken but with time you can heal. we've all been there.

don't give up hope.

3. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

I don't know what I can say to help... my situation and resons for being here are very different to yours, and so I find it hard to understand and relate to... and therefore nothing I can say will be of much use.

Just know that your not alone in this, even if theres not much I can say or do that will help, I am thinking of you, and have said a prayer for you.

Take care : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.