i am addicted to alcohol and weeds

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kosmiklove, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kosmiklove

kosmiklove New Member

yes i am..... i drink alcohol quite a lot and smoke weeds as well.... i just wanna forget the memories of her.... it is just too painful ......what should i do???????????
    people said that time heal..... but it's been a while since we separated and i'm still thinking about her every day....... this feeling sucks

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Instead of spending money on alcohol and weed spend it on getting a therapist who will help you move past the pain and heal ok move you forward

3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Kosmiklove,
    Please stop harming yourself, it won't help. You need to stop drinking alcohol and using weed. It will make you more depressed, she was your first love. In time you will recover, try spending time with your friends and meet somebody else nice. Life is cruel, you will be fine. Distract yourself from her with healthy options, by doing things that interest you. You have to accept and move on, I know it's difficult.
    Take care
    Kate

4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

I think it would be a good idea to find a good therapist, and quit the drugs and replace them with a new hobby like healthy cooking or exercising or some sort of club where you can meet new people. Im 3 weeks weed free and 2 days tobacco free myself.

5. JustFirefly

JustFirefly Well-Known Member

you remind me of my friend skyler. *hug Hope things will be okay

6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with the options advised here.

Alcohol is a depressant, as can weed be. All they are doing is masking your feelings instead of dealing with them. It's not always easy to recover from a relationship breakdown, but there are those who have multiple relationships in a lifetime - All is not lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.