I am afraid of...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jamie2, Mar 15, 2009.

1. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

I am afraid of aging. I really hate how things turn out every year since I turn 20 and I cannot keep this up. I really hate the ravages of age and how people treat you once you reach a certain age. I am not successful at anything and am completely lonely. I kinda wish everything would go away for a while and leave me alone but am afraid this will just make me older and depressed. I know this is a weird problem but its affected me for so long now.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's not a weird problem at all. Your not alone in having these worries. Some people worry about life passing them by with that person in particular not having achieved anything or achieved as many goals as they would like.
  3. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

i know that feeling

when i look back on my life i feel that my life sucks and that i am lame. like mystic eyes says..

maybe you tell people how you feel and that you want a time out from them/it..
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I know a lot of younger people have a fear of growing old but it really isn't so bad. I'm 51 now and in general things are no different from when I was younger. Of course things change as you get older but some certainly change for the better. Best wishes.:eek:ld::biggrin:
  5. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

Thank You, this all seemed helpful. So hopefully you guys are right. Thanks
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I just want to say Jamie that I feel the exact same way, it's not been easy but I'm trying to just be a good person, because so many aren't.
    Even if I don't have a particular talent or achieve millions of things in my life, you can give people so much just from being good to humanity.
    That's something to keep in mind for anybody that is feeling this way.