I am afraid to tell my family how bad off I am

I am afraid to tell my husband and kids how self harming I feel. trauma has destroyed me. I have ptsd, ocd, anxiety and depression....feelings of guilt and shame overwhelm me. There is no hope. Only respite I get is when I sleep....feel so done.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I know you probably don't want to hear this. But, I think it would be best if you did. Maybe, telling them will get some of the heaviness off your chest. Then, maybe you can find it to forgive yourself?

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @Hatingmyselfdaily I think you should tell the person you feel closest to, the person you feel will not judge you or ridicule you or add any stigma. I've seen a lot of your posts and it sounds like you have an amazing family, open up to them, it will most likely help and as the old saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved. I think you should go for it, you asking here ...I'm thinking you think it could help how you feel too?

Go for it. No more suffering in silence *hug

Hello @Hatingmyselfdaily I think you should tell the person you feel closest to, the person you feel will not judge you or ridicule you or add any stigma. I've seen a lot of your posts and it sounds like you have an amazing family, open up to them, it will most likely help and as the old saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved. I think you should go for it, you asking here ...I'm thinking you think it could help how you feel too?

Go for it. No more suffering in silence *hug
as wonderful as my family is, many don’t know what has brought me to where I am...my husband does but thinks I should be ‘over it’ as the trauma was 3 years ago.....the person I hurt has forgiven me and I do not believe that the rest of my family knows about the incident. i do not believe that he has shared it (it was 2 years ago) and my therapist sees no point in my telling the others as she feels it would serve no purpose. Part of me wants to inform everyone yet my therapist refers to that as an ocd compulsion that I must not partake in.
Honestly, I feel mighty hopeless .... though at the same time could ne er hurt my family especially my husband who every other minute tells me he loves me 😥. He deserves better....

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I would say not to share. It is between you and the other person and they forgive you then it should be good but as you note forgiving yourself is the tough part. I also would not share because it does involve someone else who may not wish for others to know about what happened.

I would say not to share. It is between you and the other person and they forgive you then it should be good but as you note forgiving yourself is the tough part. I also would not share because it does involve someone else who may not wish for others to know about what happened.
How young are the kids? Maybe tell your husband but not the kids?
How young are the kids? Maybe tell your husband but not the kids?
My kids are adults... one married with a child of his own.
I was normal for so long that my husband just can’t comprehend all of this.....and honestly, if the situation were reversed, I would feel the same as him. I am a shell of who I used to be.

I am afraid to tell my husband and kids how self harming I feel. trauma has destroyed me. I have ptsd, ocd, anxiety and depression....feelings of guilt and shame overwhelm me. There is no hope. Only respite I get is when I sleep....feel so done.

It is okay for your H not to understand. There are a million people that do understand.
I would rather someone not get me and share than to push them away.
You are worth being heard.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00