i am at work, scared and lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.

justMe7

Hang in there jxdama :) It'll be over soon. Just keep your head in the game and try to think of things outside of work. Like idk, whatever youve got planned for tonight, or coming in sf chat and listening to ramble :) Just remember theres more outside of work and that's not going anywhere.

justMe7

No defiantly not. Perhaps a change is needed though, or a way talk about what's making you feel this way, so you can gain some motivation to overcome it.

thanks everyone. i have panic attacks at work
I know how bad that sucks..

I have the memory of having a huge panic attack at work.. So many paramedics..I wouldn't wake up and they cut off my clothes.. Then the ambulance..Omg it was so bad :(

But you can get help for it hun. Please look after yourself

:hug: xx

peacelovingguy

Hey J - sorry to see you struggling with the panic attacks - your job could be any job really - I mean we work to pay the rent and panic when we cannot do that - I know an actual panic attack is far worse than basic panic!

Some jobs you can find an outlet for panic - depends on the job and the people you work with. Maybe a union might help - if they even have one. That said - your panic attacks see a union help in basic rights and maybe help for workplace stress which can will be a hundred times worse with depression.

As for being alone - it is actually FEELING alone - this can make us become less sociable and able to get along and form relationships. I apologise in advance if you have nobody right now - but if there are family - even distant ones we don't talk to - that connection is there - we take it for advantage perhaps but it will not be there forever.

Sometimes being 'all alone' , might just mean not having someone to love outside of our family connections. Sometimes 'love' is just a kind neighbour - a stranger with a kind word. Almost every child I see is 'happy' in my little pond - I would hate them to even think that life can come this - how we were once so 'alive' and thirsty for knowledge and for adventures.

Sometimes, I look at elderly people - I mean over 80s - and I am inspired by the fact that although many have had a harder life many are still 'happy' in that they enjoy life.

I've not had full blown panic attacks - but have certainly had times when I was in work and had to storm out. Luckily I was able to do this without anyone raising a red flag. If 'trapped' I may have had the panic attack.

A practical tip would be for you to try and avoid the stress and/or have a 'get out plan' IF you have a warning. If your panic attacks do not leave you done for the day this might be a help. Otherwise I'd seriously look into a new job - you can always look for one with ease and not tell the current employer.

I'm assuming your diet is not junk food? Also assume your meds are the right ones. Panic attacks are treated with some success by diazapams or Valium. If fast acting - it should act very quickly - almost instantly if you get ones that melt or dissolve. These are a drug which calms you down pretty fast! Not used myself but they are infamous as many drug users try them just for the 'high'. Can be addictive so you need to watch out. You can buy them for around £30 per 100 10mg - but can get them prescribed also which is free or £7 if you work.

Most anti depressants are not so good for panic attacks which come on for 'brief' periods and need medicating there and then!

Valium 'works' very quickly - maybe 15 mins or less on an empty stomach.

Some form of amphetamine is used for younger people with ADHD, again addictive if misused - but that is just as fast and would 'speed' you up so that your adrenaline is perhaps more streamlined - as well as you being more focused. These drugs are the sort you would use on a 'take when needed' basis - that means your not subject to the constant intake of other drugs.

I mean to say, with you working your already doing well. Maybe you just need something which helps on those days you are likely to have a panic attack.

Some will add that exercise and fresh air is a very good idea also. Panic attacks can sometimes be built up energy escaping - it is argued by some that exercise combined with any medical treatment might be a good idea just because its free or the cost of a bicycle or pair of walking or running shoes.

Worth a think - but again, apologies if your already doing a marathon a week like another member who should have a documentary made about him. If they could catch up with him of course.

My regards regardless!

Keep on going - it takes a lot to work when you feel this way and you inspire many for being that man. Sure, things might be bad in your social life right now but I'm sure a balance will come along soon enough.

Anything can and will happen in life. We assume life is the same old always - but we do not know the future. Common sense says that we will get some good luck and bad luck - we sometimes climb a mountain, and other times we have it easy and walk on a nice slope downwards.

The unknown is a worry - but it also the place we meet other people and make friends and find companionship.

Love is good for panic attacks also - falling in love can be like a panic attack (can't think of what to say - feeling of dread!) but it soon passes!

You are NEVER alone when you say WE are alone - after all the word 'we' is a plural and implies more than one.

One love bro - hope this work crap is settled. Bloody work!

Regards as ever.

Hope some of it makes sense - what you say makes perfect sense as I've felt it myself.

Good luck and God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00