I am cleric, hear me roar!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by thecleric, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Check it out--I'm a senior member now! That means I'm a force to be reckoned with! Don't think so? Just check out what people are saying about me:

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dear Cleric;

This is a moderated forum for a reason. Many of the members have very delicate issues and are easily pushed over the edge. This is a SUPPORT forum, and it's clearly stated in the guidelines that no matter how badly one feels, one is not free to run riot on the forum nor to say anything one pleases, some of which IS insulting or offensive to others. I have read some of your edited posts and in my most humble opinion they WERE offensive and unsupportive. If you are here for support and friendship, just ask and it will be freely given. If you are feeling so badly about yourself that you can only post statements that are derogatory or unhelpful, then perhaps you should seek help from somewhere that doesn't care so deeply about its members nor go to such lengths to defend them.

I am not trying to be argumentative or mean to you - I'm just stating facts. I get the feeling that you are quite possibly in serious pain and misery, and feel very hateful toward yourself. I get this feeling from reading some of your posts, as one of depressions' most obvious symptoms is being really crabby and irritable to others. I know. I've been there and done that. I try to read between the lines of peoples' posts and guess at how they're feeling. Your posts suggest that you are in deep pain and are (perhaps unconsiously) taking it out on others, or maybe just treating others the way you feel YOU are being treated. Again, if you need support and friendship, just ask, and we'll be glad to give it freely. But you are NOT free to say mean, hurtful, insulting things just because you are in pain.

If you want to PM me to discuss this at length, please do so. Until then, I ask you politely and kindly to please moderate your responses and consider how YOU want to be treated (even if you are not treated as you'd like to be treated) and treat others accordingly. Please.

I offer my friendship to you if you will accept it.

love and understanding from one who knows,

least

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree. Hun, please abide by the rules, and I know you yourself have problems. We all do. But.. that gives you no reason to display discouraging behavior and instead of support the person you supportive to the negativity of the illnesses. Please understand, no one is having shots at you. The rules are for reasons, not just to upset people, but to make sure that this place is as healthy for others needing support as possible.

:hug:

~~Carolyn

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Least...you are a beautiful person..what a lovely reply:cheekkiss :

5. ~CazzaAngel~

Also, agreed. :cheekkiss to Least :hug:

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks Cleric..you reminded me when i used to boast about things like that...life has sure changed...today, I boast about a quiet mind, comfortable experiences, and the ability to find compassion when someone's energy is invested in the banal...thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  7. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Cool! Got any suggestions?

8. theleastofthese

No, I don't. I don't know of any such places, and if I did, I would avoid them. I come here for two reasons: because I need to be reminded that I have friends who care about me; and also because it helps me feel better if I can do kindness for others - and that includes you. Again, I offer my friendship if you will accept it. No strings attached - I'll be your friend if you need a friend.:smile: I am guessing that deep down in your soul you desperately need a friend.

sending you love and hugs and an offer of friendship,

least

Note to Dev: I read in a Mutts comic strip the other day a beautiful message. This is the message: "You cannot always HAVE happiness, but you can always GIVE happiness."

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  9. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Sorry, least, but I'm not interested. I find you and the other mods to be nauseatingly saccharine, insincere, shallow, and gratingly self-congratulatory, as Devastated and Carolyn just demonstrated so admirably.

10. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Then maybe this isn't the right place for you. This site just happens to be very hot on not insulting other members, but I'm sure you could find somewhere that would suit you better. I'm not saying "piss off we don't want you here" you're quite welcome to stay, I'm just a little confused as to the purpose of this thread. This site isn't going to relax it's rules, so maybe you should just chalk it up to personality clashes and move on. :dunno:

11. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

The mods ... shallow? Then you really have the wrong impression, not one mod here is shallow or anything else you stated.

12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks again Cleric...being found '...nauseatingly saccharine, insincere, shallow, and gratingly self-congratulatory...' is so far from my deepest fears concerning how someone will view me, that I may cancel my session for next week...and yes, due to my continued desire to have an open-heart, I will not reciprocate with my views..but btw...have never been called shallow before...please forward to me your curriculum vitae and I will send mine ...thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  13. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Here's another thought... maybe mods are human? Maybe, just maybe, us mods actually have feelings too?? If i were to say 'all members are shallow, etc etc' I'm sure I would quickly upset you and would receive complaints. Just because we have titles under our screennames it doesn't make us super human. We can't get it right for all members.. and actually right now i'm struggling badly to get it right for me.

I'm really not sure what you wanted when you started this thread, but i'm guessing you got it. I hope it has helped in some way..

14. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

well said Jenny.

15. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

if anyone wants to talk, i will be willing to chat with you. i think that this thread has become pointless and basically just insulting to pretty much anyone who reads this.

coming here and making comments that are offensive and typically not needed wont help anyone

so if anyone needs to talk PM me.

16. theleastofthese

To all: I just have this horrible habit of never giving up on anyone (except sometimes I give up on myself). To thecleric: I feel so badly for you. You must be in horrible pain to say the things you've been saying. I hope things get better for you. You can call me anything you like, I won't let it bother me. I know who I am.

least

17. ~CazzaAngel~

I am not sure I got the point of this thread. Infact, what's the point to come to a crisis/support forum to come in to insult others and encourage harm. I know you are in pain, I am too, and I get that, but I don't get why you want to take all your issues out on us. I have never done anything to you and as far as I have seen no ones been anything other than supportive, yeah we staff may have edited your threads, but if yu didn't want them edited, maybe you should have thought about being less insulting and more suppoirtive of others and follow the guidelines whih by the way were made to keep others safe, not just to piss you off. And I don'r see others offering friendship and support being shallow. I am truely sorry you are in pain, but why cause others pain, because what's the pooint of making this thread other than hurting others? and being insulting? because I see nothing but that. Least has been very kind to you, and you just shit on her. If anything you should be caring to others than constantly trying to make others feel awful because you do, but guess what we are all fighting too, I almost killed myself lastnight, but yet I don't treat people in that mannor.

I hope the best for you.

Best regards,
    Carolyn.

18. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Quite frankly Cleric I find you a right royal pain in the arse!!

19. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Tee hee. Thank you. That's all I was really hoping to hear.

20. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Errum, they (and we) are mental patients, not theologians. Anyone who sees great depth around here is likely to break their neck the next time they dive into a pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.