I am comforted by the thought of death and it worries me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jas, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jas

jas Member

Either my depression is increasing becoming worse or I am losing my ability to cope with it effectively.

Sucidal thoughts have become more frequent and I have found myself planning out notes and methods. I'm just so tired you know? This thing is suffocating me, I take little joy out of anything anymore. My peers are all discussing their graduate jobs, dream houses/cars and future families. I see nothing, nothing awaits. I'm not sure if I want a future anymore. I feel so indifferent to everything, if I was diagnosed with a horrific disease tomorrow I would not care.

I hate myself, I hate how I am never happy anymore, I hate how I have no drive and ambition to achieve anything yet alone live.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Are you receiving any treatment or professional support for you depression Jas?

In general i find comparing or trying to compare ones self to others to be pointless - in the end we all need to live our own lives and it matters little what others are doing.. the only yardstick worthwhile to measure yourself with is what you can come up with for goals and if you are achieving them or need to re-evaluate or adjust them.

Take care and Be Safe
  3. Had enuf ov life

Had enuf ov life New Member

I understand what you are saying but never hate yourself x
  4. Joshuwa

Joshuwa Well-Known Member

i used to feel not too dissimilar to how you feel now, but i managed to force myself out there into the world and from there everything went uphill. i've managed to forge a future for myself and let me tell you, it feels amazing to do so. if i can do it, so can you :)

never give up hope on your future because its not set in stone, you can make your future into ANYTHING you want it to be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.