I am curious about whether delicious food can heal psychic trauma

In terms of my personal experience, when I eat something really fits my appetite, I can get rid of suicidal thoughts briefly. Maybe I focus more on the food than myself. I actually don't know why but it's just thing happened. And it's the same story on my suicidal friend. She likes Japanese dishes very much. When she eats sushi, she can gain a higher mood. Also, I have found a research article about eating salmon sashimi can heal depression to a certain extent.
So I wonder whether delicious food can heal a wounded heart from an angle of the modern science.

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
In terms of my personal experience, when I eat something really fits my appetite, I can get rid of suicidal thoughts briefly. Maybe I focus more on the food than myself. I actually don't know why but it's just thing happened. And it's the same story on my suicidal friend. She likes Japanese dishes very much. When she eats sushi, she can gain a higher mood. Also, I have found a research article about eating salmon sashimi can heal depression to a certain extent.
So I wonder whether delicious food can heal a wounded heart from an angle of the modern science.
awwww. your suicidal friend is me*hug10
it turned out.
wow.

I've found traditional Chinese dietary therapy to be very helpful. The general idea is to consume freshly, lightly cooked foods served warm. Anything served cold (including water) or raw is avoided, and anything pre-cooked like frozen dinners is avoided. Chewing foods thoroughly is also good. There are some exceptions to this, but they are rare, like in the case of someone who is excessively energetic.

Other particular foods might be added or removed based on someone's diagnosis.

The right diet can make things better, just as a bad diet can make things worse. I'm not sure whether a food is considered delicious or not makes a long-term difference in health. I'm also not sure if there has been scientific research on this topic.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00