i Am Desperate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kiggy, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Is anyone available to chat?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

What has brought you here Kiggy can you tell us more

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sure, you can talk to me. What's up? :)

4. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

The suicidal feelings are so strong I am so scared

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Kiggy I'm so sorry to hear you suffering. Be strong my friend, life's important and so are you. PM me if you want to talk to me.

6. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

The pain from this depression is overbearing! I wake up and immediately think of suicide. this has been going on almost a year. To make matters worse my daughter is having digestive problems and needs to have all of these tests done. I am trying to stay strong for her but cant get beyond the clouded depression. I just want this pain to end!

7. Unknown_111

Hi, so sorry to hear that you are suffering. You need to remain calm as you very worried about your daughter. It's natural to be worried about your child. You need to focus on a day by day basis. Maintain a routine to keep functioning day by day. Keep yourself surrounded by people and something you enjoy. Be kinder to yourself and keep posting. Have you spoke or sought medical advice. Contact telephone based helplines who deal with suicide or depression. It's good to talk to someone as it will easy the pressure you feel. They will not judge you but give you guidance. Be strong and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  8. Petal

Hi Kiggy

Are you seeing a professional? Would be a good idea for you to be diagnosed and treated. There is no shame in admitting you need help. It's a scary thought at first but the professionals are humans just like us and can help you a lot. I am sorry to hear about your daughter and hope she gets well soon, how old is she?

9. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

My daughter is 16. I am seeing both a psych and a therapist nothing has helped. I've had several med changes and still dont find any relief. If i call a crisis hotline here they immediately send the police to your house.

10. Unknown_111

Totally understand and do agree with. You need to relax some how. Is there.something you like doing that could make you relax. Keep talking to us as well as we will support you. You are no longer alone, please be safe.

11. Petal

I'd recommend emailing the samaritans, they are trained workers in ireland and the UK and in some parts of the U.S. They will definitely not call the police to you. Here is their website, anyone can e-mail them http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you

It can take a long time to get the meds tweaked correctly, took me a solid 7 years!! E-mail the samaritans and keep in contact with your doctor, be honest with your therapist and explain the current approach is not helpful. Sorry to hear about you daughter!! :hug:

12. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Nothing seems to help me relax lately. This is so debilitating.

13. Petal

It is very debilitating, depression can really knock you for six but you must keep fighting as hard as that may be. We care here :)

14. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Thank you for you help and your concern I feel safer now. i can't believe it took 7 years for you to feel better I would not be able to go through 7 years of this. No way.

15. Petal

I guess I am stronger than I gave myself credit for. I kept hope alive knowing one day I will be happier :)

You are welcome, I hope you get well soon :)

16. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Were you suicidal as well Petal?

17. Petal

Yes, I was very suicidal. I attempted a few times, the worst was when I was in a coma in ICU on a ventilator on life support. Thank the lord there was no brain damage as I'm so grateful to be here today :)

If I can come back from that, I think you can too.

18. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Wow Petal! Thank God you lived through that! I have also attempted a few times twice ended up in ICU last time was this past summer.

19. Petal

Thank you very much and sorry you went through something similar. Always here if you need someone to talk to :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.