I am finally convinced

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by desperatelyseeknghappines, May 7, 2013.

1. The medical community of this country has finally convinced me that my health, well being and my life are meaningless. I am a worthless human being and a waste of space & time.
    If you have no minor children living in the household, are not of Native American heritage, not a student and not disabled your life is worth nothing and you do not deserve any kind of medical treatment. It's no wonder so many older people end up homeless. Once you are left to be so ill that you are unable to work you become homeless and when that happens what is the point of living. Sorry for the rant. I am done.
    Peace be with all.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you get your doctor hun to get you some referrals for help I am sorry that you are not getting the help you need. Keep advocating for yourself ok The more you scream they will here you . hugs

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I don't know what country you are in, but some countries (U.S. for instance) have many great help organizations that you could look into (NAMI is a good start). I don't think anyone really should rely on others so much as they should rely upon themselves. Mental illness is a disability if you obtain proper diagnosis, and you can receive assistance in that case. Because you mentioned Native American's (for which I am one, but I take no assistance from anyone), I assume you are in the U.S. That being the case, contact NAMI and get some resources and attend some of their peer support groups in order to learn from others how they cope, where they get assistance and services, and how to find ways to advocate for yourself. There is hope, but it begins with baby steps and a plan, with goals; a roadmap for wellness.