I am gay and I think people don't acept me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by VIRAL, Mar 27, 2015.

1. VIRAL

VIRAL Member

I wish someone could Talk with me here, any words Will be good for me.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm free to talk and do not worry about what others think of your sexuality. You need to be yourself and ignore what others think in this modern age.

Acceptance is important and being afraid is totally understandable. You cannot be afraid now but people tend to be hurtful when they cannot comprehend your sexuality. I hope it's all down to ignorance and nothing more.

I know it's hurting and causing you anguish but please be brave. You are brave in coming out and you should be proud of that especially to us. Please be safe my friend.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

There are many members here that will talk to you and not judge you. Chat room is one of routes to get talking, PMing any forum buddy, mods , creating a buddy chat thread on the subthread to get a buddy as well.

Maybe it's my mindset but I don't identify a person based on their sexuality those days and would care less what their sexuality is. Be proud of who you are, if people don't accept you it's not worth your time being with those close minded people.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi viral, one of my best friends was gay unfortunately he is no longer alive. I accept gays are just like anyone else. Those who do not accept you are ignorant and not worth your time. Feel free to talk to us here, you will not in any way be judged.

~petal

5. Vaughan

Vaughan Well-Known Member

It's a shame, after a few thousand years of civilization, that sexual orientation is still a thing we even need to talk about.

Sadly there seems to be a need within our society to have someone to pour scorn on. Think about blacks, the poor, or people with physical disabilities. The current vogue is to insult "fat" people, and paint them as a lazy bunch of nothings.

It's all wrong, simple as.

You can't fix society, but you can surround yourself with people with a more reasonable and decent worldview. Haters will always hate, and it eats into their soul. No-one gains from hating.

6. VIRAL

VIRAL Member

Can you talk me more about your friend because my dad is trying to kill me, I am not joking.

7. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

It is absolutely fine to be gay - it is a normal variant of human sexuality. Yes, there are people out there who have not accepted this yet, often for religious reasons. However, the bible is full of prohibitions no reasonable person follows because social changes and scientific advancement have shown them to be arbitrary and meaningless. Some day I hope it will be the same for members of the LGBT community. It sounds to me like you are quite young and that you need to communicate with other gay people who can share with you their stories, and the happiness they found when they finally accepted who they are.

It is probably true that some people won't accept you but this is their loss. You will find many many friends, both gay and straight, who will be proud to be your friend.

8. iBananya

iBananya Member

Trying to kill you literally? I mean, is he physically harming you? Or putting you into so much distress you're considering harming yourself?

Personally, I understand how you feel. I am gay myself, from Russia, which as you probably have seen in the news is not a good place to be gay, and have recently moved to the US which also it seems is not a good place to be gay. I've been out for a long time and I've been through many ups and downs. We maybe have different backgrounds and stories to us, different experiences and feelings, but if you ever want to talk to someone who has been through the process of coming out, being beaten down emotionally about it, and coming to terms with who they are and how to deal with these things, I'm here. I can't promise I have a blanket answer but let's talk. :pinkheart: :hug: