I am here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Datum, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datum

Datum New Member

I have struggled with depression since 4th grade. I have anxiety since kindergarten. I was recently diagnosed with purely obsessional ocd. I have likely had that since I was born,it only now has been diagnosed. I have attempted suicide once before,and I have thoughts almost every day. In 6th grade I had a plan,last night I had a plan,and I called suicide hotline,the only time I've ever done so. I realized talking with them that I don't trust my support group,and so I came here in hopes that I can use it as my support group, I tried to commit suicidal the Wednesday before last,then and there I didn't have a plan. This is my story.
  2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry you're in so much pain right now. Depression really is a a horrible disease. It sounds like you are getting some treatment but it also sounds like that treatment isn't doing the job right now. Do you trust the doctor who diagnosed you with the OCD? It might be worth contacting that person and letting them know how bad things are for you. You might need medication, or a change in medication if you are already taking some. A recent suicide attempt is extremely serious - you really do need to seek treatment for this.

What's the problem with the support group? You can talk about it here, if you want.

I hope we can provide you some support as well. This is a good group of people here - very caring and understanding.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Datum and welcome to the forum, sorry for everything you are going through right now. I do hope it gets better :hug:
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Please do not fret as you are important. I know you suffering but please do not act on any feelings. Keep posting here as we can help you.
  5. Datum

Datum New Member

That was my first suicide attempt ever. That was my first psychiatric hospital visit ever. I have started my first medication a few days ago. I just need to wait a few days.
  6. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Yeah, it does take awhile for the meds to kick in. That can be a very hard time as it can take a couple of weeks and that's a long time when you're in so much pain. Meanwhile, you do need lots of support. Do you have a therapist you can call? Most will call back and chat with you for awhile. And of course please post here. If you're up for it, you can always write a little bit about what else is going on your life - just unloading can help, plus you can get lots of support and feedback.
  7. Corey1221

Corey1221 Active Member

Hi, if you ever need to talk over OCD I'd be happy too. I've got more contamination based OCD, but I grew up with the obsessions too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.