I am in bad shape

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I am jobless right now. I cannot find anyone to hire me.. Today I called my old job back and they are thinking aboout it. I have $20 left to my name and that has to pay for my food for next weeek. I am about to be homelesss and destitute.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @MosesY I hope you get your old job back. If it comes to it that you have 20 dollars to spend on food for the next week, i'd advise googling how to do that, the internet is filled with information like that and i'm sure you will find some way to cope with it. Stock up on cheap foods like beans, rice, noodles, veggies, potatoes, pasta, sorry if this is not the advice you wanted but i wanted to try and help in some way, i really feel for you :(

Sorry you're going through this Moses

You should be eligible for unemployment benefits, and there may be other services that you could get.

I'd like to help if I can

Livelife

SF Supporter
Until things get figured out.......area food kitchens, food pantries will provide free food....don't know if you live in the US or not...especially at this time of year people become more generous and more is availble for foods and personal items.... I so hope your old job makes a place for you, it sound like you are open to that option....

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
That's a rough place to be. Let us know if you want some help brainstorming on how to get some assistance. Some of us have been there and might be able to offer some advice. I sincerely hope you find work soon.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I sold some stuff and have more money now. Srill waiting for my old job to make a firm decision but it will probably happen, If so it will be a life saver, The only reason I haven't ended my life is fear of eternal hellfire which was brainwashed into my childhood.

Livelife

SF Supporter
I sold some stuff and have more money now. Srill waiting for my old job to make a firm decision but it will probably happen, If so it will be a life saver, The only reason I haven't ended my life is fear of eternal hellfire which was brainwashed into my childhood.
So glad to hear you have some money right now and that there is a "mostly" about your job. Hope it's a soon start date.......

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
This is great news!! Thank you for letting us know. Congrats on getting your job back. I hope things smooth out for you soon.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00