I am in hospital

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Ruby, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I took a massive overdose on friday and have been in the intensive care unit up until last night. Cant express how bad I feel for my family and how they felt when I was being put on life support and told that I was critically ill. Even doctors thought that I was going to die. Im stuck on a medical ward now and want to go home :sad:
  2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I'm sorry it came so far Ruby :(
    I just hope it gets easier now people understand how painful things got. Hope you start to feel more at ease :hug:
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Ruby, I hope you start to feel better soon. I hope things start looking up for you, take care. xx
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Don't go home till you have all the help you need :hug:

Glad you are out of the ICU
  5. NothingThereAllAlong

NothingThereAllAlong Active Member

Sorry to hear.

I’m shocked that they let you have your computer there. They stripped me of everything when I was in.
  6. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

though i dunno about u, since i'm new here
    but just want to lend u my support from here, my hope is that u'll get what u have wanted..:wink:

enjoy ur days in hospital, though i never been hospitalized before but i do want to try out to stay in hospital - i find it quite nice but hope it won't be coz of bad things *touch wood here n there*
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sorry you felt like Overdosing was your only option and that you came so close to succeeding.
    I know how horrible it is watching members of your family see you in such a state and I feel for you all.
    Hospitals in London must be much better than the ones in Northampton though...we are not even allowed a mobile phone in the wards let alone the use of a laptop so soon after coming out of ICU :unsure:
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry that you ended up feeling so helpless and option-less that you decided to kill yourself. It must be a scary thing to wake up on life support in a hospital, and I feel for your family as well, must be so hard for you all. I hope you get the medical care that you need and you start to feel better. You'll be in our thoughts, and I'm sending my love. Take care of yourself, Ruby. :hug:
  9. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

:laugh: Im using this tv thing called 'patientline' which is near my bed, It has the internet built in. Google it if you dont believe me! haha.

Hopefully im going home tomorrow. Thankfully ive escaped the psych unit/being detained under the MH act. Needless to say theyve stopped the antidepressant I overdosed on and have put me on venlafaxine. Cant believe they gave me such a toxic drug in the first place!

I cant remember anything about when I was on the ICU/the od :blink:. I survived, ia that a good thing?

Thanks for the messages of support, hope youre all okay.x
  10. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

Although I have never spoken to you, I want to say good luck :hug: and hope you get better soon. Maybe this has been a good thing. I hope things sort out for you hun, and you get the help and support you need to get through this. We are always here for you too

Take care and keep strong,
  11. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

i know that thing , patientline , i used one in hospital last year:smile:
    i had hurt myself by accident though i think deep down i partly did it on purpose. i stuck my hand into a steel cutting saw at work , messed my hand up pretty badly but the doctors put my hand back together again pretty well:smile:
    i hope things go well for you when you get out :)
  12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Hey, i've been out for a while. Did you have to have surgery on your hand? Sounds painful!

Thinking back to the overdose, I can't remember a thing from being at home to waking up in the ICU. My parents told me that i'd actually stopped breathing when I reached the hospital. I sort of wish that i'd have done things properly so that I would't be here now. It certainly would have been a painless way to go.
  13. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Big hugs to you Ruby. I know you're not, but I am really glad to read you didn't succeed in your attempt. How are you feeling now? Mentally, and physically? If you don't mind me asking. Take care of yourself. :hug:
  14. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I've been feeling okay actually, i've had a good christmas (the complete opposite to last year, haha). Hope you're doing well :smile:
  15. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I'm glad to hear you're feeling ok and you had a good Christmas, I hope it'll continue and you won't feel the need to go down this route again. :)
  16. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

it hurt but the physical pain i could handle and yes they performed surgery that night , i worked nights at the time.
    i was off work for four months and needed weekly physiotherapy to get my hand back.
    i'm glad to hear you are out of hospital.
  17. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

:hug: Ruby... :smile:
  18. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Didn't you notice this:

I've been facilited many times it's no fun.
    Stay Safe,,, it's the only thing can reccommend. :sad:
  19. Leth

Leth Member

It was kinda painful for me to read about this attempt. I had a suicide attempt in 1989 when in college at Penn State. I orally took 71 ephedrine hcl tablets (known as white crosses). I was writing a letter to my family as the effects were kicking in. Of course, I started crying and was scared. I mean this is your life and all you have and are ever going to have. I developed a rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and couldn't walk well. I knocked on a couple apartment doors down from me, until someone would answer. Some guy took to the hospital and I had my stomach pumped and ended up in ICU for about 36 hrs. Then they made me go to a mental ward for 2 weeks. That was followed with 6 months of outpatient therapy. I really didn't feel like I was depressed, but I must have been. My family was shocked, my sister got angry about it. It was a bad memory for me, so I can relate. I still feel that some day I will end my life prematurely, mostly because I feel alone in this world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.